Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nidhinidhi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 12:49 AM
    How to detect if flash and acrobat are installed using javascript in mozilla browser
    We can detect in IE the following things using the browser settings and javascript:
    ActiveX Enabled?
    Flash installed?
    Acrobat installed?

Can we do the same using Firefox? Is there a sample javascript code to detect the above things in mozilla?

Thanks
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2007, 01:13 AM
    Usually the websites you visit that require flash will tell you that you must install it thus the website will detect it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to identify the browser instance using javascript [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I am web developer in CGI-PERL. I developed the project, which manages the session too. But I have problem with the browser. I am keeping the session id in the url itself. After I login , if I open another window using File->New->Window it is opening another browser instance with the same...

Mozilla doesn't detect Flash Plugin [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever a site requires Flash, Firefox just displays a large "Q" with a question mark in it. It works fine in Internet Explorer, and both browsers were installed at the same time. Any idea what I can do to make Firefox play ball? Otherwise, it is a much nicer browser to use.

Closing the browser with Flash [ 1 Answers ]

I want to have a button that will close the window that the movie is playing in. Help? ;D

View more questions Search