Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmcginn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Flickering Lights
    Recently, we have experienced flickering lights at various spots throughout the house. As I'm typing this the lights just went off and back on and nothing else was on in the house. Our house is over 20 years old. Any idea where we should start investigating? It has never happened before.
    mrsjstevens Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Dec 11, 2007, 11:15 PM
    I'd start with the light fixtures... try to see where the wires go into it and if any of them look like they are messed up, call an electrician. If you can't find it, it might be more serious and you'll need to call anyway. So my advice... call an electrician. You could electrocute yourself messing with stuff you don't know about.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2007, 03:43 AM
    This is a loose connection most likely at the panel, or can be in the utility connections outside. This needs an electrician, and possibly the utility company out to trace the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion Sensing Wall Switch causes flickering lights [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a Cooper Motion sensing wall switch. I wired it (correctly?) and I am getting flickering lights when the switch automatically turns itself off. I have good lights in the "on" positions, and when I turn the lights off there is no flicker. However, when the "motion" stops, the light...

Lights flickering with buzzing sound [ 1 Answers ]

My lights flicker and I hear a buzzing sound near the wall in my house where the outside outlet is. Any thoughts?

Flickering lights [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: i have some lights that are flickering in the down stairs bath and hall and a small computer room what could be the problem? I think it could be a week braker, or a bad connection. What do you think. Thanks for any help.

Flickering lights [ 37 Answers ]

Bigg oops I thought I double posted the question some how and edited/lost the origonal Dangit will try to recompose it Issue of dimming lights, brightening of lights, constant flickering. All these would be a lot worse of a flicker when it is night time or windy out, but still quite often in...

Flickering laptop monitor [ 2 Answers ]

My gateway laptop sometimes has a flickering screen that I can sometimes get rid of by moving it back and forth. Help!

View more questions Search