Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Dec 11, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Could I have asthma?
    Hello
    Ever since I was little I've always had trouble getting my breath now and again. Lately, I've had more trouble, and it's almost every day. It's like I try to take a deep breath, and I just can't get it, so I try to yawn, and that doesn't work. Sometimes I'm able to get a good deep breath but this only happens a few times a day. I can breath fine when it's little breaths, but when I try to take a deep breath, I just can't, and it's so frustrating. I noticed it happens more after I work out. Should I see a doctor, and if I do, is there anything they can do besides bill me?
    mrsjstevens Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Dec 11, 2007, 09:49 PM
    If you have asthma they can treat it... however, try to find out what other symptoms there are... such as a wheezing sound or an itchy feeling when you can't breathe. I might not be remembering these symptoms correctly so I'd check it out... just look around online for a list of symptoms and if any of it sounds familiar, it never hurts to look... you just don't want that doctor bill for no reason... I don't have asthma but I have always had trouble breathing... did anyone around you smoke? That can destroy your lungs. (I only kind of mean that literally.)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2007, 10:04 PM
    You want to go to an allergist. He's the best person to treat Asthma. Exercise induced Asthma does exist. You have found one trigger - exercise. There could be others like a storm front or an allergen. Indoor or outdoor.

He may want to rule out allergies by introducing combinations of allergens under the skin and then check for a reaction.

Then further isolation of the allergens are determined.

The pulmonary function tests are easy too.

Asthma can be very serious for some people. If they don't have their inhaler handy they could die.

There are daily meds and rescue meds and a simple inexpensive device called a peak flow meter which you can use the results to initiate an action plan.

What I found out is that cafeine can actually make breathing easier.

See an allergist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Allergies and Asthma [ 7 Answers ]

Visiting family that has animals. They have done everything they could to prevent any problems. I also have been taking more of my asthma medications and have been taking allergy medicine as well. To no avail. I will see a doctor because I can not continue with this. Breathing problems, allergy...

Asthma time [ 1 Answers ]

I have asthma for 20 years now There are days that I have to go to hospital for treatment cause my inhaler expired . Every time I go to the hospital they told me take 4 puffs every 4 hours until I control it again Now every time I take my inhaler feels like I am getting high for long time So I...

Do I have asthma? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi! Ok well I've been smoking a little while now and I'm starting to get sick. Runny nose and real sore throat. I use to be really fit but now I can't run half a lap without wanting to collapse. I'm constantly coughing! It may just be from smoking but I can't be too sure! HELP!

Asthma [ 9 Answers ]

Can you be on steroids and not gain weight

View more questions Search