Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irfan512 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 09:12 PM
    datareport1.show does not work
    Dear Sir,

I have used following vb code for displaying particular staffno on screen but it does not work.

table = elect

vb code:

private sub command1_click()

dim stsql as string

stsql = "select * from elect where staffno=" & text1.text
    data1.Recordsource = stsql
    data1.refresh

datareport1.show

It is not working, please guide me with compelete codes.
    Thanking you.
    Gabriel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 05:43 PM
    It might help if you gave the error you are receiving.

If the 666 is a string, you may need to use single quotes so the string ends up looking like:

select * from elect where staffno='666'
    yuffie Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 02:27 AM
    maybe u could change the query to

stsql = "select * from elect where staffno = ' " & text1.text & " ' "

if the staffno data type is varchar

what is data1 and datareport1?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

Old show! [ 1 Answers ]

I've watched it when I was littler, like maybe in the 90's or late 90's but I don't remember the name. it had puppet kids and one of them was a chinese girl and one was a blonde boy, they had a greenhouse in their house annnnnd I think there might have been a red headed girl and black boy. help....

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search