Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Dec 11, 2007, 07:27 PM
    International Calls
    A friend in america gave me her number, but it doesn't work when I try to call her, it says the phone isn't connected. I live in australia.
    I think I need to put like other numbers in front or on the end of the number when I call or sumting, I tried looking these numbers up but just got confused.
    So what do I do to make a call to someone in america?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Dial 1, then the area code (it's 3 numbers) then you have the phone number XXX-XXXX in that format.

If it says the phone is disconnected it probably is.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2007, 10:02 PM
    There also could be an international access code that you need in order to call a certain place outside of your own country. I know that you said you looked up the additional numbers to add besides the phone number itself. But, did you look in your own local phone book to see if there are instructions as to how to do this?
    HDW07 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Dec 13, 2007, 10:38 AM
    cal823, Im from Aus too and my sis lives in the states so I call there a bit.

You need to dial the international access code 0011 to get out of australia. Then the country code you wish to dial, the states is 1 then the area code and number in the states your friend gave you.

So when dialing the number it should look something like 00111 XXX-XXXX

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    H
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Dec 13, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Thanks! That's really helpful :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private calls [ 1 Answers ]

How do you find out a private number that has called your cell phone

I ignored his calls. He sent me roses [ 77 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My ex left me a little over a month ago and I found out he was seeing this sluttish girl. Well I found out last week he moved in with her about 3-4 weeks ago. 2 days ago he started calling me. I didn't answer the phone so today I got a dozen roses delivered and on the card it read, I'm...

How Serious Should One Take These Calls? [ 2 Answers ]

Lets say if one who owes debts received calls from collections agencies (ie Zwicker & Associates) or people whom self proclaimed "lawyers", what are the reality of getting sued and getting a judgement against you? Do you guys suggest avoiding these calls? How about letters stating debts as...

International and domestic cheap calls? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everybody! I'm a student from Europe here at the university of San Diego in CA. I have a big problem with my phone bills. I have to make calls back in the UK and Ireland where some of my friends and my parents live. Also I make calls here in the US. Used AT&T and Qwest but there are pretty...

View more questions Search