Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dpjones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Generator becomes a motor
    I have a natural gas driven generator, synced with other generators. Can a generator become a motor and turn the driver ?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 03:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dpjones
    I have a natural gas driven generator, synced with other generators. Can a generator become a motor and turn the driver ?
    That depends entirely to the type and circuitry of the generator.
    A simple DC motor with magnet and rotating coil will function both as motor and as generator.
    A (by electronic circuit) stabilized generator will only function as generator, unless modified.
    Are you perhaps trying to create a Perpetuum Mobile??
    ;)
    ONKAR1005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 05:18 PM
    How generator becomes motorization

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Generator grounding [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a 4400/3500 watt generator for a building project. The directions say that I need to ground the generator with a suitable grounding rod and stranded No. 12 AWG wire. I have never heard of contractors grounding their generators. Are they being careless, or are my generator...

Generator Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

I recently inherited a Honda EX1000 portable generator. I got it running quite well after cleaning out the carb. However I just discovered that it's outputting way more voltage then it should be (good thing I only burned out a light bulb). The measured voltage across the main outlet is approx....

Generator Help [ 14 Answers ]

OK, next question. I have bought a 6000 watt generator. It has four 110 outlets and one 220 "twist style" outlet. What I want to do is wire it into my house temporarily during winter power outages. I know already it will not run my entire house. We have two sets of gas logs, so heat is not an...

Generator problem [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 6750 watt generator when our power was out for 3 days. It worked everything well except for the gas furnace. The furnace initiated and then gave an error code related to the voltage. When measuring the voltage across the generator I get about 140v but also can measure 50v...

View more questions Search