Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muggrn Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Identify a vintage jewelry bead that looks like an onion skin
    I inherited vintage jewelry and need to know what this bead is. It is white with parallel lines that go from the top of bead to the bottom. It really looks like an onion skin. I don't really know any other way to describe it. Any ideas?? Thank you.
    Attached Images

Taz1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Dec 13, 2007, 05:41 PM
    :) Looks like glass to me, hard to tell - pic is fuzzy. You can tell glass from stone a couple of ways, aside from uniformity of design; gently tap object to your (real) front upper teeth, stone is "heavier" feeling/sounding, and has a colder feel. Sounds crazy, but an old jeweller told me this trick about 40 years ago and it's almost guaranteed to work. If you're trying to tell age of a particular bead, try going online to some antique bead websites, it's pretty informative. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Onion odor in plastic container? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a huge plastic container that I used last weekend to take a 7-layer salad to church in. Now it smells like onion, and the smell won't come out with soap/water and or bleach. It's new and it's huge---or I'd just buy another one. I've heard you can place some dampened crumpled...

ONION SMELL in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

We have an onion smell in our bathroom that we cannot figure it out. Our house is professionally cleaned and lets say spotless. We have used many produces and nothing works... we cannot tell Where is is coming from. Our housekeeper, my husband and myself Have smelled everything in the room and...

Tiling corner bead [ 2 Answers ]

I have green board on the bathroom walls, and durarock on the floor and the entire shower. This is a new bathroom I am building. My question was should I put the paper corner bead on the corners which have durarock. These corners are the sides of my shower where my doors are going. If I use corner...

Tiling corner bead [ 2 Answers ]

I have new durarock and green board on my walls and floor on the outside corners should I put corner bead and mud before tiling or should I use thinset

View more questions Search