Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zimbob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Decomposition of Copper II carbonate hydroxide hydrate.
    Please assist with the following problem in Chemistry,

I heated 5g of CuCO3(OH)2*H20 in a flask and resulted in a black compound ( CuO? )whose weight was 3.327g giving a mass ratio of 1 to 0.6654.

a)Given that the molecular weight of CuCO3(OH)2 is 221.116g/mol while that of water is 18.015g/mol how can I show that the decomposed product is CuO not anhydrous copper carbonate hydroxide molecule CuCO3(OH)2?

b)For the unbalanced equation is; CuCO3(OH)2+heat ---> CuO + H2O correct?

Check out some similar questions!

What's the word equation for the thermal decomposition of calcium carbonate? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the word equation for the thermal decomposition of calcium carbonate? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What happens to the carbon dioxide produced when copper carbonate is heated? [ 3 Answers ]

What happens to the carbon dioxide produced when the copper carbonate is heated? This is in an experiment to create carbon dioxide, where you heat the copper carbonate which is originally green and then it turns black Thanks

Copper sulfate and barium hydroxide [ 1 Answers ]

Copper (II) sulfate plus Barium Hydroxide yeilds what?

Decomposition [ 2 Answers ]

This gruesome question is research for a novel... can you tell me the chronology of decomposition of a newborn body shallowly buried in freezing/near freezing outdoor temperature? How long would the body remain intact for identification of a cause of death?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search