Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whenitz Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Dec 17, 2005, 09:19 AM
    How to network red alert 2?
    I have two PC connected.. I format both PC and I saved the folder of red alert 2.. When I tried to play in lan setting there is no ipx available.. What should I do? Help me please..
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2005, 10:16 AM
    What version of Windows do you have on each machine?

Dec 17, 2005, 11:15 AM
    Windows xp professional
    I try to look at the network option.. ipx is not available..

Dec 17, 2005, 01:39 PM
    Help please..
    I need a help regarding this problem.. Help me please..
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2005, 05:55 AM
    Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. The IPX networking protocol was dropped in XP as hardly anyone uses it anymore, the networld has adopted TCP/IP wholesale. Do you have a TCP/IP option in your game?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2005, 02:25 AM
    I don't think it does Need. A few older games only had an IPX option, no TCP/IP..

Try reading this link to install IPX. Don't bother with installing Novell. Follow the rest of the instructions. If you get stuck, let me know. I have XP and an old game that needs IPX, I can always try to get that working on my PC and then write down what I had to do.

http://www.enigmasoftwaredevelopments.com/ipx.html
    vasya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 11:02 PM
    Ipx is ****
    ultguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 11:22 AM
    "simply download the file attached and move it to the installation root of the game , as for your lan setting , the computers that you want to play network on should have the same Gateway.

This file is also a fix for computers on windows xp , it allows you to play the game on network with any windows system"

download the file from "[URL="http://www.ultgate.com/1887/redalert-2-windows-7-vista"]UltGate /URL]"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Alert Program [ 2 Answers ]

Does the program air alert makes you stop growing?? I'm 16 years old, 6 feet tall, 140 pounds, and I started this program like 2 days ago and I am wondering is it going to make me stop growing, and my muscles hurt a little, I over worked them I guess lool, canyone help?? /

How to network my PCs.. [ 5 Answers ]

I thought I know something about networking but when I have to network my PCs, I can't... I need help guys I guess there such thing as series and parallel connection about net working just like in electrical am I right?. Here where it started, from now on I just have 2 PCs, needed to connect... 1...

Red alert 2 in lan [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 windows xp pcs , connected together by direct 100Mbps ( no hub or switch ) one of them is the internet gateway I want to play multiplayer with them , what is the setting that I need to do it , and how to do it ?

Network using XP(SP2) [ 4 Answers ]

I have a small workshop repairing computers and I am facing with the following problem: I have a PC which has two network cards:one card is connected to the DSL modem and the other card is connected to a hub.I am using internet connection sharing in order for other computers to be able to have...

Spam Alert Message [ 1 Answers ]

Everytime my wife receives an email on her computer, there is these words in the subject line: Spam alert : then the subject. I have searched everywhere and I can't stop it from telling her that it is spam, when it really isn't. Any help?

View more questions Search