Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tootsie1202006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 02:58 PM
    I am upset
    I just found out that I was pregnant and I went to the doctors office and they did a blood test but they told me I have to come back to retest cuse my hcg is low I don't know what that mean could that mean something is wrong with my baby I am scared me and my husband been playing this pregnancy for 2 years and it finally happen I don't know what to do.:(
    Richie the man Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Dec 11, 2007, 03:03 PM
    What you should do is express your concerns with your doctor, I assume if there was a problem with your baby the doctor would have openly said what it was.

You should be worried however not to worried because if there was something wrong you would be the first to know.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Don't jump the gun before you know all the facts, tootsie. You really must start asking questions when you don't understand what they mean. Here is the information you need to figure it out, don't worry and just go back when they want you to, okay:

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG):
    The Pregnancy Hormone

The hormone hCG or human chorionic gonadotropin is produced during pregnancy.

The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy. It is made by cells that form the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall. Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12 - 14 days after conception by a urine test. In general the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8 - 11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a right to be upset? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married in May. My sister, is her godmother and her daughter is a junior bridesmaid who is 13 going on 14 and is in the wedding. My sister lives about an 8 hour drive from me. I told her a year in advance that I would be having a shower for my daughter the day before...

I am so upset. [ 1 Answers ]

My mums going through the menopause and she has been having really weird hormones and I have been getting the brunt of it , Its making me suicidal, I spend days in my room at a time and when I try to talk to her about it she says its me but the thing is we didn't fight before and I am watching...

Very upset [ 1 Answers ]

I scan my computer for virus and there was two threats by the name of ADW_CASE.A and ADW_ZANGO.A I deleted them and then trunmy computer off and then back on and rescan it again and they were still there how do I make them go away.

Upset... [ 27 Answers ]

I know that Pete did not mean anything by this and he was trying to hurt me in any way but I was almost in tears last night and I just need to get this off my chest. His mate has who we spend a lot of time with went through a bad break up a couple of months ago. We have supported him as best we...

Everybody upset at me... [ 4 Answers ]

I tried to live by my own but I couldn't wasn't ready for. Now I am. Anyway. I lived for three month by myself. The people there were my friends. So I bonded more with them and I enjoyed freedom... so now sometimes on sundays I don't go to granmas or at saturdays I skip some casual joinnings with...

View more questions Search