Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harryschlegel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Alterrnate Drive Start Up
    I have a C Drive with Windows XP Home.
    I want to add a D drive with Windows XP Professional.

How do I install Windows XP Pro on the D drive and be abel to boot up
    From either the C drive or D Drive?

Thanks
    Harry Schlegel...
    Bdfoster31 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2007, 10:20 PM
    You should be able to go into the setup and select which drive you want to install XP pro on.

Insert the XP Pro CD, and it should go to the setup prompt. Usually it asks to do a few tests on your system, press enter.

When you go into the system, select D: to install this on. I've never tried it with XP Home and XP Pro so I really don't know if it will work. But if you want to find out, just try to install it just like the XP Home. I had done this same thing with XP Pro and 98 SE on the same drive, just partitioned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cd drive problems/hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using windows xp pro I've got a lite-on combo cd drive :E Basically I tried 2 fix my e drive because it wasn't reading cds (on dvds) and I think I put a virus on my computer When I tried 2 restart it came up with something like.. Windows cannot start up properly due to a recent...

Win 2003: Permanent drive letter 4 removable drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have set up a backup system on Windows 2003 Server using 2 hot-swap removable drive drawers with hard drives in them. I have a pair of backup drives for each day of the week, with one drive imaging the OS partition and the other drive imaging the data partition. The system is working beautifully...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Toro rider slows in drive, then won't start, wheels don't turn [ 1 Answers ]

I was mowing today when my Toro wheel horse rider model 70040 (electric start) began to slow down. I was driving along in 4th gear, and I noticed it was going pretty slow, it felt more like 2nd. I stopped, backed up, thinking there may have been something under me slowing me down, and it reversed...

Drive belt drive diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find a diagram of the belt drive for mtd 18hp. 42" riding mower for free.

View more questions Search