Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baby1612 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Am I too young for marriage?
    I'm 18 years old and I'm going out with my boyfriend who is 32 for the last year I love him wit all my heart and id love to marry him sooner rather than later we have a very strong relationship and he tells me often how much he loves me and how he knows we will get married,is it wrong to thirst for marriage at such a young age most my friends think I'm nuts to be even thinking about it but it just feels so right for me
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Dec 11, 2007, 01:18 PM
    I would say yes. Others might argue. Life is life. Live it.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Your youth plus the age difference make me urge caution. What's the rush?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 02:17 PM
    I would exercise serious caution here. Personally I have a problem with a 32 year old man and a teenager.
    You are still pretty young. You still have a lot of growing and maturing to do. This is a time for you to be discovering who you are, what you'd like to do with your life, college. Not being married to a man 12 years older than you.
    If you were 21 I could see it. You've been dating this man since you were 17?
    Were did you go on dates? Do your parents know about this man?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 02:28 PM
    You decide to get married because that you can't live without him, right?
    In another way, you are attached to him completely, losing your identity.
    In the future you will have more decision makings involved with two of you!
    Are you ready for this yet? It requires more than love in a marriage, you need to learn to think as a group and tolarate each other.
    How about asking your parents? If they say no, then LISTEN TO THEIR EXPLAINATIONS!
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 03:17 PM
    "thirsting for marriage" sounds a bit like desperation to me. I think you are infatuated with a 32 year old man.
    baby1612 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50
    "thirsting for marriage" sounds a bit like desperation to me. I think you are infatuated with a 32 year old man.
    Thirst may have not been the best word to use but I would love to marry him and happily spend the rest of my life with him,I don't see why he should be shunned just because the woman he loves is younger than him age is only a number if I was 25 most of ye wouldn't even notice the age difference,love is love and it comes in all shapes and sizes my family at the start were obviously sceptical bot now they love him for the person he is,can ye really judge my relationship and whether marriage is wise based on my partners age?
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 13, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by baby1612
    thirst may have not been the best word to use but i would love to marry him and happily spend the rest of my life with him,i dont see why he should be shunned just because the woman he loves is younger than him age is only a number if i was 25 most of ye wouldnt even notice the age difference,love is love and it comes in all shapes and sizes my family at the start were obviously sceptical bot now they love him for the person he is,can ye really judge my relationship and whether marriage is wise based on my partners age??
    If you were 25 I would not care or notice. You would be an adult with some years of experience under your belt. Likely out of college and in a career. At 18 you are still a teenager, who has spent a year with an adult male who had no business messing with you IMO
    It's your life. I'm sure you will do as you please, but I would suggest you wait a couple of years before marrying him. At least go to school, or spend a couple of years on your own to find out who you are.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 13, 2007, 10:53 AM
    I don't think it's just your partners age... it's both your ages. The fact that you are fresh out of high school and still need to consider further education is what lays so heavy on me.

I got married at an early age. The responsibilities that came with marriage slowed my education down quite a bit. I didn't have time for my friends and school because I was at home doing my wifely duties. (Paying bills, working, cleaning, taking care of hubby, etc.)

If you're so in love and this guy really loves you... eventually age won't matter. But, until after you are above the legal limit age (most say 21), I would say work on your education and if this guy is still there after that... go for it. You never know... it could work.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Dec 13, 2007, 12:28 PM
    What's the rush? If it's meant to be he will still love you if you wait. I would recommend going to college or whatever and just focus on you. You have so much growing to do.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 01:03 PM
    I agree with the crowd. You were 17 when he was 31?? So... he had (I hope) a full time job when you were a junior in high school. Sorry to say this, but... wow. I'm currently 21 and even I have reservations about dating a 17 year old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Young marriage? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. I have seen this question on here a few times, so Im sorry about this, but I just need some advice. Im stressing out... okay... Im 19 years old, in University, pursuing a goal... my fiancé is 25 years old, finishing his grade 12 then going to college. He has a criminal record, and has just...

Young marriage ? [ 22 Answers ]

Is 13 too youg to be engaged ?

Is 20 too young for Marriage? [ 30 Answers ]

I've been going out with my girlfriend for about 3 months, and we're pretty serious. I know it's cliché, but I've never felt this way about a girl before, and she's said the same to me. We both said 'those three words' to each other about a month in, and now we're talking about marriage and...

Marriage at a young age [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! Mmm...I need some help with a school homework about marriage. This is a survey I need to do...here are the questions: 1. For you, what is marriage? 2. At what age would you like to get married? Why? 3. What do you think is better for you: living together without any comittment or getting...

Am I too young to even think about marriage? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. I am eighteen and I am really confused about how I feel for my boyfriend. I know that I am extremely young to even be having seriuos thoughts; however, I really feel as if I have found the right one. I think my boyfriend coud be the man that I spend the rest of my life with. We have been...

View more questions Search