Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john cybulski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Electric or gas, which is a cheaper heating utility
    Which would be more cost effective heating a space with gas heat or electric heat. I'm not asking for heat pump information, just heating element.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Dec 11, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Usually it is cheaper to heat by gas; 1 kw of electric would produce about 3415 BTU(resistance heat), 1 therm (ft3) of gas would get 100K btu( but at 80% efficiency it is 80K). Don't know what your gas and electric rate are; you could do the math from here !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of converting electric heating to gas heating [ 2 Answers ]

I am buying a house with electric heat. I have heard it can be a lot more expensive than gas. What would be the cost of converting the house to gas heating and a/c?

Fixed electric space heating [ 6 Answers ]

Is fixed electric space heating considered a continuous load according to the NEC?

Electric Furnace - heating element [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to convert from my broken boiler furnace to an electric furnace. I have central air and all the vents from that. Can I just buy a heating element and put it into the air handler? If I can, how do I know what size heating element to buy? The search on the internet gave 10 and 15 KW...

Electric heating to gas heating conversion [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I am new to the site and wanted to know if anyone could assist me with a general quote for electric heating to gas heating conversion on one floor of a three story apartment building. Here are the specifics: 1000 square foot area; 8 rooms; 6 electric baseboards. Thanks.

View more questions Search