Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 09:23 AM
    The Mahdi Hatter has a blog
    Heck... I didn't even know he was literate !

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - The Official Blog - Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran

I wonder who is really writing all the fluff on his blog. Where is the torch Israel rhetoric ? No claim that there are no gays in Iran?

The funniest posting is his celebration of student protests against him .

In the Name of Almighty God, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate

In Amir Kabir University gathering - when a small number of individuals in the presence of the absolute majority of the university students and associates and the president of the country – with an absolute total freedom – without being worried – insulted the elected president of the people, I had a feeling of joy.
    Meanwhile one of the biggest gripes of Iranian students is the government crackdown on protesters

Iran students hold protest against arrests: ISNA | U.S. | Reuters

Actually if you read above article Reuters is willing to help enable him with the ridiculous assertion that
    Student protests have been relatively rare in recent years in the Islamic Republic
    .That is an outright lie. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/21/wo...=1&oref=slogin
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Tom, I'm speechless, lol. What's even funnier to me than his joy over being insulted is some of the posts by alleged Americans:

Mr. President I think the problem is not enough people read between the lines as to what you are saying. My hope is that the world and Iran come to an understanding that centers on PEACE -paul sharfin
    Love him or hate him, this president of Iran has a lot of courage -- courage to reach out to the world and start a dialog. In today's world, people are quick to shoot and kill, instead of sitting down and having a conversation. Looking down to our planet from space, there are no borders between countries. We all are in it together. It is time to put aside our differences and hatreds and start to work together for the common good of our planet Earth regardless of race, religion, economic and power status in the world. Our differences should be treasures instead of troubles between people, race, and religions. So, again I want to salute you, Mr. President, for your courage to reach out and start this dialog. Boby
    God bless Iran, Bush and Isreal are unfair to Iran. I am sorry for the way you were treated at our university. All americans are not the same as Bush. Peace god bless Iran and the rest of the world! -Colby Brown
    Cool... are these all real comments from real people? Or planted? Anyway, your blogs are somewhat formal sounding. Why not loosen up the language a little for the American readers? And could you tell us a little about your home life and your family and what your daily routine is like. Also what kind of music do you like? What is your favorite color and what is your favorite sport? -D DuBois
    Mr. President, I agree that the Islamic Republic of Iran has the right to develop nuclear power for peaceful purposes because everyone knows that oil will not last forever. Nuclear weapons, even as a deterrent, is illogical. Inspections and membership with the IAEA and maintaining transparency is logical. And the mere suggestion in our media and by our government that my country is even considering performing an air campaign with nuclear bunker busters to destroy nuclear research and development sites in your nation is illogical, shameful, embarrassing, and unspeakable. -Michael Conway
    And my favorite, which I think is really from Elizabeth Kucinich:

lets use our minds and our souls to make peace with one another. -Ryan Jennings
    He doesn't need to be literate, we just need to be able to "read between the lines" of what he says and "use our minds and souls to make peace," lol.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Steve ;are you sure you didn't lift those quotes from Huffpo or the Kossaks ?
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 11:53 AM
    I promise... but I almost looked to see if that last quote was on Elizabeth's blog. :D
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Dec 11, 2007, 01:15 PM
    If you apply a seven-layer scrambling key to it, does it simply repeat the phrase "Death to America" over and over?
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kindj
    If you apply a seven-layer scrambling key to it, does it simply repeat the phrase "Death to America" over and over?
    We have a winner, someone who can read between the lines :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BLOG, is a word for what? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what a blog is?

Using the Teddy Roosevelt solution on the Mahdi Hatter [ 8 Answers ]

The controversy surrounding the President of Iran Ahmamadjihad's request to visit Ground Zero in NYC recalls a time when Teddy Roosevelt was the Police Commissioner of the city . New York Braces for Ahmadinejad - September 18, 2007 - The New York Sun ...

What's a blog? [ 6 Answers ]

I keep hearing the term "blog". What the heck is it?

View more questions Search