Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fungal1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Just Been Dumped by a Divorcing Man-I guess I was the Rebound
    I was a fool! I dated a man going through a divorce and he was always in this constant state of confusion. I fell in love with this man. I did my very best to make sure that I wasn't the rebound as he told me that he and his stbx had been separated for 2 years. I entered the relationship fell madly in love and then started to see a change in him. He was completely ambivalent. He did not care for me or any of my feelings and I believe he exited the relationship long before it ended. He only started the divorce proceedings when he met me and even then I had to tell him every step to take. I told him that he needed to file for it or I would have to leave - he accomplished that much but he and his stbx had a non-contested divorce and it should have been finalized within 90 days. To make a long story short after a year of dating he did nothing to finalize his divorce. I put our relationship "on-hold" till he could complete the divorce - 3 weeks after I put our relationship "on-hold" he ends everything. He stated that I left him in an emotional and fragile condition and he was hurt. He has recently hooked up with a girl he met at the bar and within 2 months moved her in to his house with her 3 kids and they are engaged to be married. He still hasn't completed the divorce but I feel so used up, lied to, played with, and HURT. I gave my heart and soul to this man and he just walks away so unscathed - I am s-l-o-w-l-y recovering but he doesn't even care what he has done to me. I know that once he recovers from this phase he is in he would be the most wonderful companion. I got the emotional drama and she gets the new and improved man. Any advice out there on how to recover from these relationships :(
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 09:50 AM
    By your own admission you fell in love, with a confused man. Your mistake for assuming him to be ready. Read the links in my signature for some positive actions you can take, to get over this guy. I think you still put far more on him than he is worth, since he could be grateful for the help you gave him.
    little firefly Posts: 139, Reputation: 36

Dec 11, 2007, 11:29 AM
    OMG, You just described my previous relationship to a tee! I have been suffering for months now over what my ex put me through! (If you want the background on my situation just look up my previous posts). All I can tell you is to be prepared for the hard emotional ride that you are in for. I wish I could give you some good advice to help dull the pain, but I just try to keep myself busy. I've been spending more time with friends, and I come to this forum A lot!
    Everyone here has been so helpful to me and have gotten me through some pretty rough days. Just try to keep hanging in there. We are all here to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just got dumped in rebound relationship [ 17 Answers ]

Although I'm over 40 and "should have known better" - I didn't. I was friends for some time ( 2 years) with a man who eventually ends up in the process of a divorce. He asked for the divorce and was having a tough time financially due t court orders and a move to another state - a duaghter...

Dumped for your best friend or dumped for your best enemY? [ 10 Answers ]

Which is worse and why?:(

If you get dumped make sure they feel dumped. [ 76 Answers ]

CAN YOU WIN HER BACK? NO action required. It's only her that determines that... the less you do. The more you do. ReallyIf everyone here followed this maybe more would find they do get there ex back!! And maybe even more will find out that they won't be coming back a lot more quick than...

Divorcing earlier [ 2 Answers ]

Is there something to the 7-year itch turning into the 3-year itch in marriages today?

View more questions Search