Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CVitanza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2004, 07:20 AM
    Access 2000 and Crystal Reports 8.5
    I am in the process of developing an application using Access 2000. I have not been able to find anything on what I want to do. My question is I have setup a switchboard to access reports and forms, I want to have a botton which would do the following items (behind the scenes)

1) execute a predefined Crystal Report which will
    Prompt the user for a date range of the items
    Which need to be selected
    2) Take the data from the report and do an export
    To a text file
    3) Import the text file into a access database and
    Add the records into the database (I already
    Have setup Import/Export Specs), I also need to
    Know how to make sure that the data show up
    As fixed width so that my specs will work.
    LoveToCode Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2004, 02:24 PM
    Re: Access 2000 and Crystal Reports 8.5
    Silly question, why call CR from Access, it has decent reporting built in. You can do what your talking to, how much coding do you want to do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crystal reports - percentage averages [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I am working within a service delivery area - providing it helpdesk support I am currently trying to write a report in crystal which will show how many calls for each team menber were resolved within 2 days. I can get the report to show all the calls they have answered. However can't work...

Crystal Reports Calendar [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently trying to build a report that looks just like a calendar. The data I have is stored in a table organized by: Day Month Year Note I am struggling with how to display the notes in a calendar view. I can get it to work in a crosstab view; however, it is just one row...

MS Access Reports [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I need to make a report on access and I need a count of records, that will need to satisfy 2 conditions. For example: records should be counted if the on the Sex column is "M" and the rating column is "2". Any ideas? This is very easy if you filter the records on a table,...

Setting a flag in Crystal Reports 8.5 [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to come up with some type of logic to set a falg on a condition and then print a comment depending on the flag. I need to set the flag to "No" at the beginning, check to see if my order is a backorder, set the flag to "Yes", check flag and print comment if "Yes", then be able to reset...

View more questions Search