Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lulu25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2010, 07:53 AM

I dyed my hair black and tried to bleach it myself and I was bright orange, tried putting colour over it and it went green, so I'm back to black but I'm going to book myself into the hair dressers to get it back to blonde soon.
    Melpez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 03:22 AM
    I've dyed my hair with black, after being naturally red-head.
    I really want to go back to my natural colour, and I've heard from my hairdresser that the only ways to do it, is to let it grow out, which isn't a good option for me because my light vibrant orange hair stands out a lot next to black, or just to strip it... which will probably kill your hair.
    JJohns83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 12:11 PM
    I go to a stylist some times, but I also do it myself a lot. When you went black, did you get it professionally done or use professional products.. or did you go to the drug store.If you went to the drug store, it will be easier to fix... but if you went to a professional and they used a henna dye it will prove to be a lot more difficult and damaging.
    I went from blonde, to red, to black and blonde again. My stylist used a henna dye so I had to do it a couple times to get the color I wanted, but I did it over a period.. not all at once.I would recommend for about 2 weeks to deep condition and/or use a reconstructor about every other day.
    After that buy a gentle bleach and developer like ION and a toner. I used Ion on scalp bleach (blue or violet tinted) and a 30 volume developer. Mix it until its creamy like pudding. Leave it on until the color turns to a light orangey/yellow. After that, use the toner according to directions(note:you want a toner that has a blue/violet base). You may have to mix the toner with a 20 volume developer. Note:A lot of times, the toner will make your hair darker. After you rinse, leave a deep conditioner on for about 20 minutes and rinse.
    you can repeat this process a couple weeks later, but omit the toner if it doesn't turn orange. Or you can opt for platinum highlights to give your hair a multi-dimensional look. Remember to keep deep conditioning your hair at least 2x a week, and use normal conditioner every time you wash.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Colour Blonde to Red, need to fix back to blonde [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, I am living in China, had my hair dyed red. (I am a natural red head but have been blonde for 10 years). The dye started to wash out, so I went back to the hairdresser and showed them and had it redone. All is fine except the colour is more of a pinky red rather than an auburn/copper...

Dyed hair brown, natural is sandy blonde, want it back. HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey to anyone interested in helping me, I'm a natural sandy blonde, and I wanted a change so I dyed my hair brown from a box. It turned out very natural and I don't mind the color but I'd like a change. I want to go back to my original color and then dye it lighter, like with very blonde...

I dyed my blonde hair auborn [ 5 Answers ]

Help! My hair is naturally blonde, but I wanted a non-permenent changge, so I bought a wash out dye that is not permenent temporary hair color that is supposed to wash out in 8-12 washes... the color I chose was like a spice or an auborn brownish color... well I dyed it and it did not turn out...

Dying dyed hair to blonde [ 3 Answers ]

My hair colour is a naturally a very light blonde anyway but like a fool I chopped it all of and dyed it dark brown! Its been a about 4 months and the colour has faded out quite allot and I have had a few highlights but I am still not happy with the colour. I am determined to have my hair blonde...

View more questions Search