Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david boyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Shower drain clogged
    About 2 weeks ago I had a new water heater installed . There was calcium visible in the copper pipes when the installer cut the lines. After he installed the heater the tub and shower valve in one of our bathrooms stopped working. I tried to remove the valve to clean it out but could not get it loose. I had plumber install a new valve and prior to installing the valve body we flushed the system for about 5 min. He installed the new housing and it ran about 2 min and stopped up (Delta series 1300). I got another valve body and prior to installing it again flushed the water system for about 10 min. Again the same problem. Please help!!
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 07:53 AM
    You may have to install a whole house filter to keep this from developing into a bigger problem later, as for now, can you remove the new valve and pipe the lines to flush out into a 5 gallon bucket to check to see what debris is clogging the new faucet? If your house piping is the problem you may have to repipe the whole house in cpvc or pex.
    I know, this does not go well with you morning cup of coffee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copper sink drain too slow, not clogged which type drain is best [ 2 Answers ]

We just refinished bathroom with double vanity copper sinks. They have a flat grid drain in the bottom, not vented. Is there a different drain that would allow the water to drain easier? We have to swirl water or stir water to get it to begin draining, like there is a suction...

Bathroom Sink - Clogged Drain/AC Drain [ 1 Answers ]

We have a bathroom on the second floor that we never use. Two days ago we noticed that water was leaking out from under the carpet and the bathroom sink was filled with water and not draining. The AC condensation drain runs down this drain right above the trap. We took the trap off and snaked the...

Clogged Drain [ 1 Answers ]

I retiled my basement bathroom floor using a thin-set and it seems to have clogged my drain in the floor. Is there any kind of solvent I can use to dissolve this, or are there any suggestions?

Clogged drain [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to unclog a drain?

Clogged Drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I Have A Window Well Drain With A 4" Corrugated Pipe That Is Clogged. Three Days Ago It Filled About Half Full With Water, And Started To Come Through The Window Into The Basement. I Used A Wet/dry Vac Until It Stopped Raining. Along With The Water I Also Sucked Out A Lot Of Mud And Sediment...

View more questions Search