Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cryjocass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Can He Adopt Her
    My daughter was 2 years old when I got married. My husband wanted to adopt her and her natural father was all for it. I am no longer married but my exhusband has been there for every program, scraped knee and has many times helped with finance for my daughter. My ex and I also have a child together and when he has her he also has my daughter. He wants to adopt her since her legal father wants nothing to do with her and he feels in his heart that she is just as much his daughter as she is mine. Is there anyway he can adopt her if we are no longer married? She wants him to be her Daddy legally and not just by name. My daughter is almost 14 now and would like nothing more than to be his daughter in the eye's of the law. What can we do? We live in Licking County, Ohio.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 10, 2007, 01:00 PM
    If the bio father is willing, I see only minor impediments to this. Generally, a judge wants a stable home, but since, your daughter looks on your ex has her daddy, there is a strong possibility a judge will grant the adoption. Get a family lawyer to prepare the paperwork and go for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopt again? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a six month old son who is adopted. I brought him home with me when he was 9 days old... I am single but I want to adopt again. I am financally stable, have a wonderful job that allows me to be with my son, and I have the room in my home. My friends and family say I'm crazy though... is it...

I want them to adopt me [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14, I'm living with a family who are kind of my foster family, we are getting a residency order put in place, I want them to adopt me, and they would be more than happy to, but we don't think my birth parents would agree to it, it would be messy. I was wondering what would have to happen if we...

Does he need permission to Adopt? [ 6 Answers ]

I am intending to marry my fiancé in the near future I have a daughter but he is not the biological father but he is very keen to adopt her as his own, My daughter does have contact with her real father will I need his permission for my fiancé to adopt my daughter. Myself and my daughters father...

Want to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

What would to necessary steps be to adopting a 26 illegal immigrant. He has a tax ID number and has never been in troulble with the law and has been paying taxes for three years. Hes a great man I would like to help... Any ideas!!

Looking to adopt... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Interested in finding information regarding domestic and international adoptions in Massachusetts. Do anyone have any recommendations on where to start? Thanks, Remodel

View more questions Search