Dec 10, 2007, 09:39 AM
    How do I connect two xp computers
    How do I connect two xp computers
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 10:36 AM
    One way to connect computers is to set up home network

PracticallyNetworked.com

Do you want to have both computers on the internet?

Do you want to share files & folders -- one printer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 10, 2007, 10:51 AM
    For what purpose?
    jonesbrandon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 12:47 PM
    As stated before, there are a few ways you can go about doing this. Either way will involve connecting the two computers together. You can use a hub, which is a device that has 4 or 8 ethernet ports. After connecting the two computers to the hub, you will have to change some settings of both computers. Go to control panel, click network connections. Right click the local area network connection, and choose properties. Double click on TCP/IP. Choose specify IP address. Type 10.1.1.1 for computer1 and 10.1.1.2 for computer2. Type 255.255.248.0 for the subnet address. You can leave the default gate way and dns server blank. Go to computer1 and click start -> run and type \\10.1.1.2\c$ A window will appear allowing you to browse computer2 and move files from one computer to the other.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 12:27 PM
    You have to use cross cable
    First you give each computer different names and different IP
    Such as Pc1 second Pc2

IP Address:
    For Pc1 IP 192.168.0.1 for pc2 192.168.0.2
    SuBNet Mask: 255.255.255.0 255.255.255.0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cross-connect between two computers [ 3 Answers ]

I inadvertently connected a serial port on an older Dell D300 to the s-video on a newer (to me) Inspiron 5160. Now my usb ports are not working. I ran every diagnostic I could find, and everything says it is operating perfectly. I tried 4 different devices, and the computer does not recognize...

Can't figure out how to connect my 2 computers [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I can't seem to figure out how to connect two computers together, one has win98 and the other has winxp. I have to hook the win 98 to the winxp because my friend put passwords on the administrators and locked them and she can't remember what they were. The winxp won't let me connect from it...

I am trying to connect 2 computers with a crossover [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 laptops and I need to transfer files from 1 to the other but my burner will not work so I am trying to connect them via crossover cable but when I connect it nothing happens! After a few minutes the lan connection will come up saying limited or no connection. Could somebody send me a step...

How to connect two computers? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everybody.. I'm new to computers.. n I've got two computers at home with windows xp running on them. I would like to know how to connect them to each other. I've got no NIC card and no cross over cable. Let me know the things I need them to connect. And secondly if I would like to connect them...

I need to connect my 2 home computers [ 23 Answers ]

On one internet connection. I am afraid to go wireless, because one computer is on the second floor of the house and the other in the basement game room. I want to know if a router (and the most cost effective one to get) would work with our computers. The basement computer has Windows 98 and...

View more questions Search