Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvmotox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Black Lab acting odd
    My sister and I live together and she has been out of town for the last month and I have been caring for Max, her black lab. Just yesterday he started following me around more than usual and being restless and occasionally making a small whining noise.
    I then noticed that he had not drank any water out of his dish and by late evening had not eaten any food. Since she has been gone his eating times have been off but he is always drinking water.
    When I tried to get some sleep last night he would pace, then lie down for a minute-get back up pace some more. He did this over and over again all night. I finally noticed that when he would lay down is when he would do the whine-like he was possible injured or something-but nothing has happened to him where he would sustain an injury. Nonetheless I still did a quick check of all his legs-and did not notice anything off.
    He would also stare off at nothing and kind of walk sideways to me(he never has done this before)
    I am not a dog person so I have no clue what could be the problem. Is he just now becoming depressed due to my sisters absence?
    Please help!
    mseik Posts: 40, Reputation: 6

Dec 10, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Calling her vet is a really good idea. Explain his symptoms and I'm sure they'll take it from there.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 08:50 AM
    He could be depressed. My dog will often whine and not sleep well if either my husband or myself is away. HOWEVER, if you are concerned I would call the vet and have him checked out. As a dog owner, if the person I had taking care of my dog took him to the vet because they were concerned that he was ill I would happily pay the bill!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 09:21 AM
    luvmotox, it really sounds like he needs to be seen by a vet, walking sideways and whining when lying down are both signals to me there is something wrong.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 10:03 AM
    The not drinking is a serious symptom. Try to get him to the vet today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Acting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment I'm studying computers but for the last 4-5 months I have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where I live there isn't many acting classes, I don't no what to do. How do I get into the business? I have no experience in...

Why is he acting like this? [ 1 Answers ]

One night this guy and I flirted while tipsy. I happen to have a huge crush on him and have trouble acting like myself around him. Hes never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl. He did flirt with me and our friends encouraged it, and some people (including ones who didn’t know about my crush) said I...

Natural black hair that's dyed black, how can I lighten it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi im new to this! Ive been dying my hair black for about 2 years. My hair is naturally very dark brown/almost black already. Id really like to color it a light brown. should i strip my hair color, then proceedto try a light brown? thanks so much for any kind of help!:o

View more questions Search