Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debt1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 08:38 AM
    After 9 years I hear from collection agency
    After 9 years I hear from collection agency about a truck lease I had with them. The total bill was about $3200. between mileage and damage to truck. The collection agency found me at a new place of work. I can't remember exactly what took place nine years ago, but I think I asked to have the damage taken off the bill and send me an updated bill and they did not take care of that. This has already hurt my credit years ago. It sounds like this will be put back on my credit report for the second time. What should I do? Just pay the bill or make payments to the bill or wait till I hear from them at a later date or what?:confused:
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 10, 2007, 09:27 AM
    If the bill is a just bill then you can choose to begin making payments.

You can also choose to fight the bill as I'm sure the life of the debt is well past the statute of limitations.

What happens is the old debt is sold to a new company at a low price to recover money and get it off the original holder's books. Now it is the property of someone else who is trying to collect it from you. When you hit the 7 year threshold, even this debt should have been cleared off your credit report. Check with an attorney, there may be nothing supporting the new claim for the debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection Agency - Over 2 years old debt? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My parents received a call from a Collection Agency regarding ME They took the info and I called them Apparently over 2 years ago I had an outstanding bill with Bell Canada I asked the Collection Agency to tell me what was on the Bill They stated they only had a dollar amount and no...

Collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

I have an outstanding debt, after losing a job, I tried to make payment arrangements with them, but they said if I didn't pay half today and half in a month they would not make any arrangements with me. Can they do that? They said it would be a charge off. I have asked for things in writing,...

Collection Agency [ 16 Answers ]

I am in Alberta, Canada and my question is: Can a collection agency legally come after you if the alleged amount owing has never been disclosed to you, neither orally or on paper by the person who put the account with the collection agency? I have never received a bill or invoice from this...

Collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

Can a collection agency add interest to my debt in New York State?

What to say to collection agency? [ 1 Answers ]

Book Antiqua1blue My question is probably a common knowledge question, however not for me. About 2 years ago an ex-girlfriend (of Course) and I went into a jewelry store that my ex-girlfriends best friends mom worked. We found a ring of course that total was around $1200.00. I put 25% down. At...

View more questions Search