Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unethical Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Allowing other patients to see test results in an office
    Is it against HIPAA to allow patients' test and lab results to be exposed on a desk where other patients sit and can see name and test results of other patients?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 04:36 AM
    Yes, it is illegal. The customers should not ever be able to see the name or any medical information about anyone other than themselves. The desk should allow for such privacy. If it does not, then there should be a workspace that is private where such papers can be worked with.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 11, 2007, 09:52 AM
    You are correct. Areas in an office that are easily viewed by the general public should have papers covered and computer monitors should be equipped with privacy screens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug Test Results [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! :D I'm not sure if this is in the right spot to post this so forgive me if it isn't. I have applied for a job and it is mandatory to take a drug test, although I don't do any drugs myself I am constantly around people who do. The people I live with smoke pot everyday, that doesn't...

Pregnet test results [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know if I take 2 home pregnet test and the results are positive but when I got to the doctor and take there test and it comes back negative what does that mean? Am I pregnet or not?

Test results [ 1 Answers ]

I smoked pot like two weeks ago, and I have to take a test how do I make sure that it doesn't show?:( I really don't want to get caught!

Test results confussion! [ 4 Answers ]

I've just done a pregnancy test but the line to say whether or not your pregs is really faint does this mean I'm pregnant or not I'm really confussed. If I am pregnant then I would be 2 weeks?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Blood Test Results [ 3 Answers ]

How can a blood test result for ANA be positive for 10 or more years and then become negative for the last year?

View more questions Search