Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momma_D Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Can anyone Provide an example of
    An activity the Department of Homeland Security has engaged in that you believe supports it mission and one you do not.:confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Hello m:

I think arresting people for smoking pot doesn't support anybody.

... Uhhh, I can't think of ANYTHING they do that does.

excon
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 05:52 PM
    I agree with Ex--- the homeland security often uses its power to abuse US citizens. I have heard many stories of them breaking in peoples houses, boats and cars without search warrants and breaking up stuff and off to jail!

Also there are many stories that airport security is more to give you a false sense of security.

I think it is more for political gain than anything. If they seriously wanted to do something they WOULD!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Yes ;ICE under Homeland Security has beefed up border security . The Container Security Initiative (CSI) allows US agents to inspect cargo before it is loaded onto vessels in foreign ports . That is also A Homeland Secuity Dept. function. The US Coast Guard has done some fine work since it was incorporated into Homeland Security .

There is not a mission I disagree with but I think that the way airport passanger screening happens needs to be rethought.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex doesn't want to provide... [ 2 Answers ]

My "ex" has been "starting a business" for about 4 years now. As you can imagine- he has not been consistent paying child support during this time. I'm wondering how to prove his income when I finally take him to court ( I have every reason to believe he is making some sort of money, he travels a...

Why did the framers provide for amendmnet of the Constitution ? [ 6 Answers ]

Why did the framers provide for amendmnet of the Constitution ? Help me? I really appriciate it !

Using a 12/3 romex to provide 2 circuits in kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

What are the pro and cons of using 12/3 romex for 2 kitchen appliance ciruits. Of course there will be a GFIC on each circuit. Can this be done using the same neutral wire? Thanks in advance

Debt buyer refuses to provide information [ 5 Answers ]

I am being sued by a debt buyer who claims they have bought a loan they say I defaulted on. I filed a motion to dismiss but the debt buyer's attorney has filed a motion to strike my dismissal stating that; "As a matter of law may not question either the validity of the loan assignment or the...

Employer didn't provide W2 or 1099 forms [ 2 Answers ]

My husbands employer did not provide him with a W2 or 1099 and he has not paid taxes quarterly as we found out he should have. There was a question on his actual emplyment status weather he was an "employee" or 'contractor". Now the company has gone out of business and we don't know how to proceed.

View more questions Search