Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Polokid16 Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Dec 9, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Engineering Physics
    I'm thinking of a going for a university education in Engineering Physics. What types of jobs are available for someone of this major (or what ever its called)? As well as the pay?

Lastly would a major in Engineer Physics be better than one in Civil Engineering?
    -> I don't mind if it is your opinion on the civil vs Physics Engineering.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 15, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Here's a page listing earnings of folks with degrees in Engineering Physics, which appear to be comparable to those with other engineering degrees:

Engineering Career Resource Center: Michigan Engineering Salaries, 2003-2004

Note that there are fewer graduates of U Mich with Engineering Physics degrees than with other engineering degrees. On the plus side, you're getting more of a generalist engineering degree which opens up jobs in a variety of disciplines at the entry level. On the minus side, (1) some employers will look at "Engineering Physics" and ask themselves, "what the heck is that? I'm looking for a EE". And (2) I suspect that at the higher salary ranges those with very specialized degrees earn more (though there will be fewer jobs to choose from). This is just a guess, though.
    Polokid16 Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Dec 15, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Comment on vingogly's post
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mechanical Engineering versus Aeronautical Engineering [ 3 Answers ]

I am asking about the relationship between Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering. Is it possible to pursue Aeronautical Engineering postgraduate degree after completing Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree? How is the demand for Aeronautical Engineering graduates?

Electronic Engineering [ 1 Answers ]

Sir I wants to get Admission out of pakistan. & I can't afford any dues. Reply me sir how can I get. Regards

System engineering [ 3 Answers ]

What is the system engineering hierarchy and what does information engineering means?

View more questions Search