Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John in Montana Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Electric furnaace throwing breaker
    My sister has an electric furnace... She came home the other day... It was 59 in the house. If she turned the thermostat up to 72.. the breaker in the electrical box would trip.. She slowly adjusted the temperature up by a few degrees at a time.. But next day she comes home and breaker has tripped again... What would the problem be ?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Electric heating elements sagging allowing a short circuit.
    Defective sequencer (s) AKA element switches/controls
    Internal wiring defective (burnt wire ends)
    Weak or defective breakers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Stove + 30 Amp Breaker? [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a 20" electric stove in a "Granny Unit"... The stove is going where there used to be a dryer. The wiring (for the dryer) is there including a 30 amp breaker. Does a stove of this size need a 50 amp beaker? Or, can I use the existing 30 amp breaker? I want it to be safe...

Electric breaker box buzzes [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hi I have a 3 year old house with 200 amp service and yesterday after turning central ac on for the 1st time this year the circuit breaker box buzzes when the unit kicks on and then doesn't buzz again until ac kicks on again, is this a bad breaker? And is it easy to change? Thank you...

New 15A breaker trips main 100A breaker [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've been finishing my basement and I added a few 15A breakers One room has 8 outlets in series with the first starting about 6 feet from the main panel. There is currently no load on this outlets. When installing the drywall I accidentally shorted the outlet closest to the panel. It...

My Steam Shower keeps throwing the breaker! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have just installed a steam shower bath and it takes 3KW and I have it on a 20 Amp breaker. I thought that would be enough amps to carry it; what could be wrong? Thanks. Kaye

Can I connect a 240 volt electric range to a 30 amp breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I'm renovating a rental unit and removed a 3 in one appliance (bar fridge/2 stove elements/sink). It was hooked up to 10/3 copper wire on a 30 amp breaker. I want to install a 24 inch electric stove/oven in it's place. I want to hook up a 24 inch electric stove/range to 10 gauge 3 copper wire...

View more questions Search