Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minerva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 06:02 AM
    I see lots of questions about the PES but very few answers. I'd like to learn more about them and the artists.
    muffincheeks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 09:07 PM
    I have a Paris Etching Society etching... WItht he SLZ stamp and the number 117 on the left hand side. It is a picture of a country road with a puddle, trees in the foreground, and then a cottage on the left, and what appears to be a church on the right side of the road. The back is stamped "made in France" and On the front, near the SLZ and 117... something that looks like a name is penciled in. It looks like it may say ________d'aimiar... but I am not sure. Does anyone know what this is?
    cmayko Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 08:10 AM
    In response to the Paris etching society print questions. Check out the web site Darvill's Rare Prints. I emailed him a picture of mine and he told me it is call an etchtone. He was very informative and told me he has some to sell. I am sure he can help you also. His phone # is 360-376-2351. Good luck
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 22, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Here's my usual C&P on this subject:

Quote Originally Posted by PES
    One of the best resources that I have found concerning Paris Etching Society is from Google answers, located HERE.
    The response from scriptor-ga is very insightful.

Basically PES was set up by Sidney Z. Lucas, hence the SZL mark. He owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960 where He
    produced a large number of prints after old etchings.
    Generally, prints by Mr. Lucas seem not to reach very high prices.
    At the end of the day they look nice, but that's about it.
    Most of what is talked about them is from people "boiler rooming" the price on the supposed French history.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Paris Etching Society- Boyer [ 21 Answers ]

I purchased at an antique auction a Boyer print entitled "The Entrance". The number on the label on the back of the print is #11. The label states that this is an original etching and carries the SZL identification on the lower left front of the print. The left top of the front side of the print...

Paris Etching Society NY [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to research the signature on my etching. No luck so far on finding info on artist F. Roth and this etching "Canal de lyonne" . Sure could use some help . A nice #2 etching as described in my first message. Any one heard of him or know how I could find out about him?

Paris Etching Society [ 4 Answers ]

I have a framed etching entitled " The Yonne Canal, France" by F. Roth. The left bottom reads; 2, then SZL in a circle, Canal de l' Yonne 1 France. Signed F. Roth in the right bottom corner and Paris Etching Society NY USA in the top right. Would anyone have any information pertaining to the...

Paris Etching Society [ 1 Answers ]

I have an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte and the Paris Etching Society that has been handed down for several generations in my family. The title of the etching is "The Hamlet in France" / "Le Hameau". It has the letters SZL in a circle and then in the bottom left hand corner NO. 8. It is...

View more questions Search