Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acatrocks Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2005, 05:57 PM
    Homeless situation...
    What are some causes of homelessness? Will someone please tell me? I have a report due Friday and I need to know this. Thanks! :o

Dec 14, 2005, 05:59 PM
    :(
    I hope someone comes.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2005, 06:01 PM
    What causes homelessness?

Here are some web links you can look at:

http://www.alohainn.org/Causes.html

http://www.nhchc.org/Children/sld018.htm

http://www.camillushouse.org/camillu...melessness.php

Dec 14, 2005, 06:04 PM
    Thank You!
    :) Thank You So Much! :D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2005, 07:42 PM
    Homeless
    I have worked with the homeless in Atlanta GA for many years.

First there is no "one reason"

What you have is many factors.

1. Drinking and/or drug problems
    2. Criminal activities
    3. Some lose their jobs and have no where to go ( but normaly they get into programs fairly shortly.

The largest number I normally run into is mental health issue.
    They get committed for a few weeks, get their drugs and then they are released. They do some out call medicine for a few days or weeks. Next they start getting more mental health issues, sell their drugs instead of taking them, and soon they are too freaked out to go get any more help.

They drift on the streets, in and out of jail, and back into mental health, and so on and so on.

Many of the pan handlers actually make 200 to 300 dollars a day. Tax free, but they spend it on drugs or sex.

A lot of them will not accept any help, even in bad weather, because some of the shelters require them to take a shower, they won't go.
    Others require them to be sober and not use drugs while there, so they won't go. ( or have been kicked out a certain number of times and can't go back)

Other shelters charge a small daily fee, 3 to 9 dollars and they will not or can not pay that amount.

While not all of them, but the majority could be living somewhere either with someone or in shelters or gov housing, but they choice a life style that makes that impossible.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2005, 08:39 AM
    Reasons for Homeless
    Hi,
    Here is another link for reasons:

http://anitraweb.org/homelessness/faqs/causes/

Best of luck with your paper or whatever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've gotten myself in a bad situation [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, me and my boyfriend were perfect. Neither of us were the jealous type, we could go out to the bars and have fun and laugh. Not only were we lovers we were best friends. We had fun doing just about anything and nothing. Everyone envied our relationship. Then about 2 months ago, I started...

What to do about my situation [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 96 T/C Van with 137,000 miles and a V6 me and my wife and kids went to Ohio over the weekend and on the way back it just stopped running on the interstate.before I Had a upstream o2 sensor replaced by the crysler dealership and they said they ran a diag.test on it said everything is fine...

Homeless invited guest becomes criminal [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Dazed and confused here in Madisonville, Tennessee by a friend's trouble. She was invited to come stay in a woman's home after she told members of the church she walked into off the street, that she was homeless. (this is/was true) No shelters exist here. No time limit was...

Bad situation [ 1 Answers ]

Okay let me explain the story my 4 year old son had to get work done on his teeth so anyway we paid a load of money for the time the anthesiologist so time passed and then they sent me a letter stationg I needed to pay 1010.00 and I said shouldn't the dental insurance pay the rest of that they said...

My situation [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Before marriage I was hving a affair with my uncle's daughter... but we couldn't make it up.. to marriage... and we departed in different way.. after 4 years I got married and she too got marreid... but now she is getting interest on me and asking me to take a trip with her to a hilly resort...

View more questions Search