Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Window treatments(?)
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I need some help desperately. I have been tasked with putting a "Scarf?" over the living room windows and curtain.

There are three 3.0 windows in tandem. Bonnie would like the scarf? To come up from the left and go to the right and kind of droop in the center and show folds(?).

Please understand there there are three things that I would willing go to the dentist and have a root canal done without anesthesia! Curtains, picture hanging and frilly type decorations of any kind.

Give me a toes up computer or electrical failure or eaven a stark raving mad wife and her sister on me at the same time, but don't ask me to decorate! So my simple question is how so I get the visual effect from this flat piece of see through stuff?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2007, 11:10 AM
    LOL Don. Are you saying you don't have a flair for decorating? Oh come, you are not that much of a he-man. I know there is an artistic guy lurking in your heart somewhere. LOL. Here are some images of what it is supposed to look like
    http://img.diynetwork.com/DIY/2003/0...i704_4fa_e.jpg

http://67.59.191.168/images/casual_swag_over_rod.jpg

If I were you, think about taking Bonnie to your local Barnes & Nobles or Bordersbooks. Look through the home decorating book section and the magazine sections. You will find books and mags that solely deal with window treatments. Pick up as many as Bonnie wants to look at, order a latte or whatever beverage you both enjoy, sit down and let her skim the pages until she finds exactly the effect she is looking for. From that info, it should be a breeze for you. ;)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Is this something like what you are looking for?
    Attached Images

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Give her the wallet, and go watch the game!! When she gets back, go watch the game at your buddies house, why make this complicated??
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Ruby,

Allow some explanations into my slowly vegetating mind.

Algebra is a hobby for me. I go to book sales and see if I can find Algebra books and then sit at home and work the problems out. Drives Bonnie a little nutty that I do that, but at least I'm home and out of the way of doing something dumb.

I read binary, octal, hexadecimal print files and debug them. PCL, PJL, PMP,NPAP, PS3,
    Snippets of C, C++, BASIC, A, to unravel printer problems. Electricity, Electronics, home improvements, structurally speaking.

I cannot for the life of he handle Geometry, other than postulates. I do not "see" Geometric figures in such a way that I can disassemble them. Creative is never a word I would use for my eyes or brain. I'm as creative as a white wall against a white background with a brush loaded with white paint in my hand.

I'm a baseball umpire in my spare time. How creative can that be?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Don, if you understand how to make a marriage work for as long as you have, you have some creativity in you. ;)

Take her to the big box bookstores. You can pour through the algebra books to your hearts content, and let her look do the same with the magazines & books geared toward window treatments. If necessary, buy the mag or book that has the "look" she desires. Usually they give you directions on exactly how to achieve the effect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Any treatments for Osteo- arthritis? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my mother has recently been diagnosed with Osteo- arthritis. Is something the doctors say she will live with for the rest of her life its just about adapting to the pain. I was wondering if anyone can suggest treatments. Phsio and chiropractor seems out of the question according to most...

Going to court while having chemo treatments [ 3 Answers ]

My son has been going to court for probation violation and he has lymphoma (cancer), he has been having chemo treatments and is half way through them. In 2 weeks he will be sentence to prison and will get about 4 months with all his back time deducted. His public defender made it seem like the...

Are there any other treatments for lupus? [ 1 Answers ]

I have Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I take Methotrexate pills and Enbrel injections. I also take Darvocet for pain but not always because I take an exercise class and the exercise on a regular basis helps a lot. Sometimes I have bad episodes of pain and stiffness and have to go to the doctor's...

View more questions Search