Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbeck99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Corian tile
    Is it O.K. to sand a Corian countertop or sink when cleanser doesn't work?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2007, 12:51 PM
    I wouldn't, no.
    heaphy Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Dec 17, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeck99
    Is it O.K. to sand a Corian countertop or sink when cleanser doesn't work?
    I repair Corian professionally. Yes, Corian countertops and sinks can be sanded. It would be difficult for most do-it-yourselfers to resand an entire countertop by hand. Far better to use a random orbit sander attached to a vacuum hose.

You can hand sand a sink, but first I would try soaking the sink with a solution of one part bleach to three parts warm water. Swab the sides of the sink every so often, and leave the bleach solution in the sink for at least half an hour.

Soft-Scrub with Bleach is an excellent product for cleaning Corian sinks. Use it with a Scotch-Brite pad, and leave it on the sink for a while before rinsing off.

If you want to hand-sand a sink for discoloration, I would start with 120 grit, and then sand finer and finer to about 360 grit. Buff with a Scotch-Brite pad. Good luck!

I have lots of information on Corian repair and maintenance on my website:

Top Repair - Your Countertops Like New Again. DuPont Corian and Other Brands

- Jim Heaphy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use cut floor tile for a tile baseboard? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I laid down 13"by13" tile for my bathroom floor, and it looks pretty good. I have enough tile left over to make a tile baseboard. The width could be anywhere from 3 inches to 6.5 inches. What would be best? Would the finish edge at the top look strange? How could I make it look best? ...

How to tile a ceiling with marble tile [ 1 Answers ]

How to tile a ceiling with marble tile

Cleanest method of merging between tile & drywall/tile & tub [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there guys, I'm drywalling my tub enclosure, preparing for tile, and I've got two questions before I continue: 1) In the past, I've simply placed the rockboard/drywall line about two inches below the terminating line of tile. Is this the best way to handle this? Do you simply bevel the...

View more questions Search