Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Haiti-born Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 09:52 PM
    How to report immigration fraud
    My cousin recently passed roughly two months ago in a fatal car accident. To my family's surprise, we found out that he was married and had been married for (according to his wife) approximately 3 years. Since my cousin was very close to us; as his family, we feel that if this was a legitimate marriage, we would have known of it. Furthermore, if this was a legitimate marriage, he would have lived with his wife and not in a separate home that he shared with his sister since 2000. To make a long story short, the wife wants to claim all of his assets. While we acknowledge that legally she is entitled to all of his wealth, he left a daughter (from another woman) behind and we want to make sure that she (the daughter) inherits some of her beloved father's wealth. The wife has made the past few weeks a living hell for our family. His mother is a retired 70 year-old woman and the wife has not even offered her condolences to my aunt. The only thing the wife seems concerned about is my dead cousin's money! She cleaned out the house that he lived in with his sister and now she's hired a lawyer to send my family threatening letters regarding withholding monies from his rental properties that she claims we have!

So now that she's stooped so low, we want to play dirty with dirty. We have reason to believe that my cousin may have filed divorce papers and was in the process of getting a divorce from this woman since she has attained her green card. Thus my question is, "HOW DO WE GO ABOUT REPORTING THIS FRAUDULENT MARRIAGE TO IMMIGRATION?" and at this point, what effect, if any, will this have have on her immigration status?
    Love my spike Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2007, 01:13 AM
    I would first contact the embassy to the country in which she is from. See if they have any records of the marriage. I would contact the US embassy and see if they have any paperwork or proof of the marriage. You need to find out if they married in another country or married in the US. If she obtained she has a green card, there is an expiration date for it. Contact the office that issues green cards. The original green card is only good for 2 years from the date of arrival to the US or the date of marriage if they were married in the US. They would have had to file for permanent residency after that. There would have been an interview to verify the validity of the marriage at that time in order to get the permanent residency. I would find out if that was done or not. You can also go to the US government website and see if there is any information on there. You can also email them for answers. I would also write your congressman that deals with immigration and see if they can assist you. Hope this information helps. Good luck
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Hello:

Didn't your mother ever tell you that it's not nice to snitch?

excon

Dec 9, 2007, 10:36 AM
    excon;

Yes, my mother has taught me not to tattle or snitch ( as you put it), but she also taught me to not just sit back and let the enemy have his way when my family is being attacked! Thanks for your insight on the matter.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Contact INS with your concerns. Also hire an attorney of your own. Was your cousin paying court-ordered child support for his daughter? If so, make sure that the court which issued the order is advised of his deceased status and the fact that his estate is in or will soon be going to probate.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

Didn't your mother ever tell you that it's not nice to snitch?

excon
    I think in this case an exception is in order.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 10:54 AM
    How to report illegal aliens - 03/10/03 - How To Report Illegal Aliens – Updated DHS Version!

Dec 9, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    Contact INS with your concerns. Also hire an attorney of your own. Was your cousin paying court-ordered child support for his daughter? If so, make sure that the court which issued the order is advised of his deceased status and the fact that his estate is in or will soon be going to probate.

Thanks for your response s_cianci. The info. You've provided is great! To answer your question, my cousin actually had full custody of his daughter and my family has obtained a lawyer, but he is not much help. He seems to be inexperienced in the matter at hand. That's why I and several other members of my family are taking different avenues to get answers/help regarding this issue. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to proceed and report immigration fraud [ 35 Answers ]

Last year I met a woman who I thought was the a wonderful peroson. I the month of September 06 we got married and as soon we signed the marriage paper she started to pressure me to help her obtain her immigration papers. I filled out all the forms and started the petition with the immigration...

Immigration fraud? [ 11 Answers ]

Where can I write to find out the status of an immigration fraud complaint I turned in in Las Vegas, Nevada immigration dept. All I want to know is if they received the papers I sent regarding this fraud.. Anybody know? Email me

How do I report an Immigration fraud? [ 20 Answers ]

My friend has had a friend who now is a Green Card holder and working full time, studying full time by receiving government loans. This friend came to US back in 2000 through San Diego, CA and his travel originated from Toronto, Canada. He told his relative and acquaintances that he came from...

What is the right number to call to report immigration fraud? [ 1 Answers ]

I know a woman who petition someone( a child) and declare that she is petitioning her child which is result of the rape that happened to her few years ago, in order for her to help her nephew come to the United States. She was never been rape. She did not declare that she have a daughter in her...

Report an immigration fraud [ 1 Answers ]

We had sponsored a live-in nanny for our 3 yr. old kid from India and within 2 months she mentioned that she needed to go back to India as her parent was ill. She borrowed additional money and soon "left" for India. After about 3 months when we returned from work we found her in our house.She...

View more questions Search