Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadinnj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Statute of limitations
    If I opend an account in 2000 and the creditors wrote off the balance as bad debt, am I resposible to pay off the balance. New Jersey statue of limitations is 3-6 years, In this case has th New Jersey statue of limitations law expired? Please advise, Thankis

sadinnj07
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2007, 08:54 PM
    If you borrowed the money then you are obligated to pay it back. A chargeoff is a tax maneuver that has no bearing on your responsibility to pay the debt. Nor does the statute of limitations affect that responsibility. The SOL only affects what methods the creditor can use to compel you to pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations [ 3 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on DUI/DWI

Statute of limitations [ 3 Answers ]

I failed to appear for driving without insurance 5 years ago I was wondering if enough time goes by will it disappear? I live in Ontario Canada

NJ Statute of Limitations [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise if you know how to locate the Statute of Limitation on the filing of a complaint or suite for a Notary Affidavit regarding the responsibility of the Notary error.

Statute of limitations [ 2 Answers ]

I was told my the defendants lawyer in a case settlement conference that the statute of limitations in Small Claims Court for spousal abuse is more that 2 years. What is the statute of limitations in Small Claims Court for spousal abuse.

View more questions Search