Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Dec 13, 2005, 10:52 PM
    How do you feel about mixing humor with advices?
    How do you feel about mixing humor with advices? I want to give good answers to questions but I would like to add humor while I am doing it. Sure, I don't want to do it when questions are rather serious. I just want to do it when topics are on the lighter side. Is it just me or others feel the same way?

BTW, with some questions, it is hard to keep straightface while giving advice. It just cries out for humor (e.g. questions like "what common house objects make a good dildo?")
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2005, 12:25 AM
    If you can humour off in your response, then its OK I would think. But the worse thing is to make corny jokes.

But then, what is serious to that person might not be serious to you and you could offend that person.

For example questions like "what common house objects make a good dildo?"

To you, that is not a serious question, but to others it might be.

You need to use discretion but overall I would say yes. Be yourself and answer that person as you would answer anyone who would ask you that question.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2005, 03:04 AM
    Sure, rkim291968. No problem!

I'm always reading something about computers, and I find my favorite books are ones that have humor mixed in with the advice and directions.

And recalling the various school and college teachers I had, my favorites were the ones who used humor effectively.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2005, 03:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rkim291968
    How do you feel about mixing humor with advices? I want to give good answers to questions but I would like to add humor while I am doing it. Sure, I don't want to do it when questions are rather serious. I just want to do it when topics are on the lighter side. Is it just me or others feel the same way?

BTW, with some questions, it is hard to keep straightface while giving advice. It just cries out for humor (e.g., questions like "what common house objects make a good dildo?")
    Humour is a great thing to include when giving advice. I often do when I am giving advice to my friends - it makes them feel more comfortable and better about the situation they are in. It's always good to make people smile :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2005, 05:33 AM
    Humor in answers
    Hi,
    Great idea. But as another pointed out, one must be careful about using humor, so it won't be misinterpreted as "sarcasm" or "humor at the expense of the the Asker".
    Some of the questions asked here are very personal ones, and from some who are really having a bad time of it.
    Have a great week, and keep up the good work.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2005, 05:36 AM
    Comment on fredg's post
    Good points.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Dec 14, 2005, 08:45 PM
    Comment on fredg's post
    Thanks for the endorsement! ;-)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2005, 07:43 AM
    Comment on rkim291968's post
    Very good questions, with good comments. Generated lots of replies!
    MaryBeth Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2006, 06:47 PM
    Comment on rkim291968's post
    Hey I totally agree if you enjoy life even when it gets complicated than you need to get that stick surgically removed from your ***. HaHaHa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Tell the Sex of a Fly - Humor [ 2 Answers ]

=: How to Tell the Sex of a Fly := A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter. "What are you doing?" she asked. "Hunting flies" he responded. "Oh. Killing any?" she asked.

Writing Humor for Greeting card companies [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to know how greeting card companies judge verse submissions from freelance writers before they accept any writing idea submitted. Is there any formula for writing acceptable humor for all the greeting card companies out there.

Please follow me and give me some advices... [ 11 Answers ]

There is one girl and guy that love each other very much, that had been together for more than one year already. During this period, they encountered different kind of obstacles that were trying to end up their relationship, when the obstacles comes, there is several times that the girl wanted to...

Humor. Just what is a bralet? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it a small bra? Is it a french bra? Is it the same as a bralette? Is it less expensive than a bra? Like bra-bralet-bralette--all getting less expensive? Is it only for small breasts? (That wouldn't be fair). If it is a small bra, then what is a demi-bra? If it is a small bra, then what is a...

View more questions Search