Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anaflowers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 05:21 PM
    My grandfather passed away
    Hi! I am Carolina and I live in Argentina. I lived a year and a half in New York but still there are cultural things that I don't know how to handle. Last Monday my grandfather passed away and I sent an e-mail to my friends that live in the US and other countries, the ones from US answered me immediately with very thoughtful messages and I was wondering if it is correct for me to answer them back, if they expect me to do that or not. What do you usually do in these cases? Thank you very much for reading this. I would really appreciate some help. Carolina.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Carolina, please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your grandfather. I know how difficult losing a family member can be. So do your friends. Honey, your friends don't expect an email in return. They are offering their condolences. When we send Sympathy cards through the mail, people don't expect a response from the person they are sending it to, so it works the same way with e-mail.

However, if you feel compelled to send a few of them a response because something they wrote touched your heart, by all means do so, and let them know that you appreciate their words.

Again, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Great Grandfather [ 1 Answers ]

MY GGrandfather is shown in Scioto CO, OH from 1830 through 1860 (Census) After that his wife is shown as a widow. There is no indication that he died in the Civil War, where can I go from here to try to find his parents?

My uncle and grandfather [ 5 Answers ]

Last year in July my uncle passed away, and now I can't seem to stop thinking about what he must have been thinking. He was out on the crab boat and fell off, he didn't know how to swim and all I can think about now is what he must of saw, looking up at the boat it makes me want to cry. He was only...

Have I been in touch with my great grandfather? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been doing genealogical research on my family tree since my father died in 1980, but have hit snag after snag in my search due to family members not passing information down to the next generation, fires that destroyed important written information, etc. I recently, however, was able to...

View more questions Search