Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    L_Holly20 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Signs of cervical cancer?
    Are there any signs to look for for cervical cancer?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Cervical cancer symptoms typically do not present until the disease is in the latter stages. Cervical cancer tends to go misdiagnosed because what symptoms there are mask other ailments, and many women think it is just PMS or ovulation pains.

Some of the symptoms are abnormal bleeding, unusual heavy vaginal discharge that may be foul smelling, thick, watery, or contains mucous; pain during urination; bleeding between menstrual periods or after sex or after a vaginal exam.

As you see, these "symptoms" can actually be symptoms of other health issues, as well as being completely normal to some women. The only way to know for sure is to have your pelvic exam yearly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I have cervical cancer at 16? [ 4 Answers ]

I have not had a period in 3 almost 4 months, I am sexually active but I have no symptoms and I took 3 pee tests at my doctors and they all come back negative. I get this yellow discharge and my skin is very soft and I feel like I'm going to pass out any minute but I can't sleep. I have no idea...

Cervical Cancer [ 12 Answers ]

I have been bleeding for the past year, well after I had my little girl, which she will soon be 2... I just went to the doctor about a month ago, and found out that I had cervical cancer, now I am scheduled to go in and do a coloposcy, I think I spelled it right... Im very very nervous, because...

Cervical cancer [ 17 Answers ]

I am so confused about cervical cancer. Firstly how do men get the virus to pass it on? Is it through sex? Because, I am planning to have sex with someone, we are both virgins. He has never had or given oral to anyone which I am sure can spread something. Obviously has kissed other people (...

Cervical cancer [ 3 Answers ]

I am 20 weeks pregnant and was told by my doctor that I may have cervical cancer. They are going to check me with a scope next week and then do a biopsy after I have the baby. Will the baby be okay? Has anyone else had this problem. Oh, and I am 22 if that matters.

Cervical cancer [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get cervical cancer post partial hysterectomy? I still have my cervix

View more questions Search