Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHERIE_LABAT Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Laws on mobile home lot rental
    I was wondering if your mobile home is on some one else's land, can that person stop you from moving it if he says there is rent due? Can I get some one to pull it out and then let him sue me for lot rent?
    The owner of the property told the previous owner of the mobile home that he wanted the trailer moved in 30 days, that was two years ago. A year ago I got the mobile home and the owner of the property now wants $5400. Before I can get the mobile home. What should I do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Hello C:

He has your property on HIS land. You have to sue him to get it, and he'll sue you for rent. The judge will sort it all out.

excon

Dec 9, 2007, 08:32 AM
    So I can't just hook to it and pull it out and then let him sue me? I'm sure a judge is going to have fun with trying to sort through this mess. There has never been no kind of lease and the guy never even gave us an amount to pay until we moved it. Also we have left at least 7 or 8 notes on his door with 3 phone numbers asking him to please contact us about moving it. What the whole problem is the previous owner of the trailer evicted the property owners girlfriend out of it and that's why he then decided to start charging and wanted it gone. The trailer has been there for a 6 yrs. The girl maybe kept utilities a total of 9 months in the trailer and never paid one penny for rent that's why she was evicted. She was using it for her storage and living with the property owner in his mobile home.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Hello again, C:

If you go on his land, you're a trespasser. He can have you arrested. However, if you do it and don't get caught, that's a different animal. But, when he sues you, you're going to have to admit that you went on his property, or you'll lose your suit. If you admit it, you can be arrested. Do you want to take that risk?

Nahhh. If I were you, I'd follow my original advice.

excon

Dec 10, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Well the bank where it was financed has an easement signed by the property owner. The loan is paid off now but wouldn't that cover the trespassing? Don't the owner have to post no trespassing signs or tell me I was trespassing and to stay off his property?
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Hello again, Cherie:

No, he doesn't need signs and he doesn't need to warn anybody. Do you need to tell people to leave YOUR private property alone?? No, you don't. It's HIS land. If you go on it, you're trespassing. He doesn't want you on it. He knows, that if you take the trailor, he'll never get a nickel from you.

If you owe him money, I don't blame him.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental Laws [ 4 Answers ]

My landlord is trying to evict me for having a pet. My last lease, which stated no pets, expired in 2003. Can she still evict me when I have no lease current lease stating you cannot have pets.

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

CA rental lease laws [ 1 Answers ]

Can your landlord only offer another year lease after already completing a one year lease with him or her? Isn't it CA law that once a one year rental lease is up it automatically rolls over into a month to month should you decide to stay?

Rental laws.. [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in the same apartment for 17 months, we pay $650. With utilities included... also included w/ the apartment is washer/dryer. After living here for 3 months the dryer broke and we have repeatedly been asking for this to be fixed. Our landord is a dumbass and still has not...

Rental Laws [ 25 Answers ]

What are the legal do's and don't of a landlord ? Can they enter your apt. anytime they want without your consent ?

View more questions Search