Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adabre Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 03:04 PM
    popping/clicking in overhead light
    hi-

I have been living in my house for about 3 years now... and am baffled by a popping or clicking noise I hear occasionally. It's pretty faint, and seems to be coming from my overhead lights... sounds similar to a pop you might hear in a light bulb when it burns out, or in a thermostat when it turns on. I cannot seem to link this to anything else that's going on... it seems completely random... I have never noticed any flashes or burning odors. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this and if I should be concerned?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Sounds like a loose connection. Get the box open and I am sure you will find the damage being done to the wires.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Do you have a motion detector on ceiling, maybe the relay you hear.
    Some 360 degree motions look like smoke detectors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead light installation [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a new overhead light in the front entry way of our apartment. There are two positive and two negative. Wires coming out from the ceiling along with a red ground. I'm assuming this was intended for a light and fan to be connected seperatley. My problem is the only way I can get...

Overhead light replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bedroom into an office. There is one main overhead light which will be inadequate for my new needs. I would like to put up track lighting to replace this overhead light. I am looking at the main box(wiring) having two sections come from each side, like a large line, and each...

Popping Noise in Light Switches [ 21 Answers ]

We starting hearing a popping noise when we flicked the switch in our bedroom. Then we started hearing it on the same wall but a switch in the hallway. We had an electrician come to change the switches. He put in brand new switches however, we are still hearing the popping noise. Now it has...

Toyota camry overhead light replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to open the overhead light compartment in my camry in order to replace the light bulb?:)

View more questions Search