Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zeff Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 09:45 AM
    "Home Visit" by PO
    My PO wants to make a "home visit" to my house. What should I expect? What are my rights?

Thanks

Zeff
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Hello again, Zeff:

I don't know. She may just want to have a cup of tea... Or she may want to dig into your laundry bag.

You have a modicum or rights beyond that of a prisoner (which is technically what you are). But, you have nowhere near the rights of a citizen. As such, she may search anything she wants.

If she finds contraband, then she can ONLY violate your probation. She cannot file new charges against you. IF she suspects that you are involved in criminal activity, and wishes to file new charges should the search turn anything up, then she'll need to get a warrant and bring the police. In order to get the warrant, she's going to have to convince a judge that she has probable cause to suspect you of criminal activity.

MOST PO's, don't make a home visit if they think you are involved in anything. So, I don't think you need to concern yourself over a search. I think she'll sit down and shoot the sh*t with you, and then leave.

But, I thought you deserved the benefit of a full explanation. Besides, I'm bored.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rent to Own Home-"lease options" Connecticut Laws? [ 6 Answers ]

Looking into a rent-to-own home from "Homes R Us". Any advice? We're meeting with the seller tomorrow and I want to be a bit more educated about the Connecticut laws before heading in there. Thanks in advance. Mary

Who sings the song called "Home"? It is always on 5FM and East Coast Radio? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings the song called "Home"? It is always on 5FM and East Coast Radio?

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Which singer/group sang "Bring it on home" [ 3 Answers ]

I would love to get the song I heard in New Zealand in 1995 which was played at the time NZ won the America's Cup. The lyrics are apparently by Mark Williams. The first verse goes : We carry New Zealand's hopes As we sail on the All Black boat On the other side of the world is San Diego We'll...

View more questions Search