Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 12:24 AM
    Pantene ProV
    I heard that Pantene Pro-V is bad for your hair... is that true? If so, how?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Id on't know if it's really bad for your hair but I know it makes mine feel oily and gross.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 8, 2007, 05:01 AM
    I don't think so... not really sure. I do know to read the labels and don't buy the ones that contain alcohol... no matter what type it is.
    Really good hair treatment:

Eggs, beer and mayo... mix and leave on hair, wrapped in clear wrap (or grocery bag, LOL), for 20 minutes. Wash two-three times and style. Makes it real shiny and soft.
    Vision Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 05:09 AM
    Thanks guys. I've just heard a rumor that its really bad for your hair... and I love the way it tames and shines my hair, so this revelation was quite heartbreaking. I'm hoping its not true. Please tell me it's not true! Please!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2007, 10:00 AM
    I don't like it. If you want tame and shine try FRUCTIS by GARNIER
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 10:11 AM
    I wouldn't use it if you paid me or the fructis yikes all supermarket brands are basically the same crap just with different packaging, Shampoo and conditioner along with face products is not something I skimp on.
    Im trying my hardest to find you the site that tells you why all this stuff is bad but its on my other laptop and I can't find the power supply hehehehe give me time.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 10:20 AM
    N0help4u agrees: I don't like them either but the 'flat hair' look is what they like now. I use baby shampoo, breck, or the organic type stuff

Have you looked at lush products? LUSH Fresh Handmade Soaps and Natural Cosmetics its all hand made and not full of rubbish.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 8, 2007, 10:31 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma, Pantene is not necessarily bad for the hair. However, it will cause build-up if you use it every day. Most shampoos may cause build-up on the hair over time, so it's best to use a clarifying shampoo every other week or month to remove any build up. The rumors about Pantene started in salons because the salons want people to buy their products. Pantene may work well for some people and not work well for others. Pantene offers an affordable range of products for all hair types.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 11:06 AM
    http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/brand.php?brand_id=702

There you go guys fill your boots take a look at the rubbish we put on our hair and skin and you don't even realise it.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Ew, animal testing? Never buying anything from that company again. Disgusting. Making animals suffer and die for cosmetics? DESPICABLE. Medicine, fine, but makeup and shampoo? Cruel and unnecessarily and inhumane.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 8, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Okay, cbw... you have me scared! I'll consider spending a little more on my products. Thanks for the great info and site.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 11:43 AM
    I have to say it blew me away the first time I saw that site its certainly worth considering what you use especially the baby section of stuff that's what got me the most.
    But it's the same with most things though nothing is going to harm you in small doses is it.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 8, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Shampoos and skin care products contain ingredients that may or may not be suitable for people. Many people are using Pantene. If Pantene was harmful, the products would have been pulled off store shelves a long time ago. It seems to me that all the popular brands of cosmetics and beauty products on that website are listed as harmful, even the products recommended by doctors. There's no need to panic about the beauty products listed there, as they are used by many people who haven't suffered from any serious side effects that we know of. But you should always use caution when using any kind of products.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2007, 02:54 AM
    Exactly why I say pretty that it's the same with everything but it never hurts to be aware my god there are more foods that are harmfull than I care to think about but if we were all worried there would be no market for anything would there.
    Vision Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 02:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I don't like it. If you want tame and shine try FRUCTIS by GARNIER
    That's actually what I use now... and I hate it... it doesn't work...
    Vision Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Why is it that this posts had thirteen answers and I didn't get ONE email notification?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Unfortunately they do N0T pull harmful produces off the market look at Prozac and Vioxx
    They wouldn't have pulled Vioxx but too many people died too close together and families were suing otherwise it would still be on the market. I could go on with all kind of proof but people don't want to hear it.

Welcome to International Coalition For Drug Awareness
    SweetThang89 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Fructus SUCKS! I HATE fructus becaues it turned my amazing silky hair into an oily, greasy thinning mess. I only used it because my friends recommeded it, I gues theyw ere jealous of my hair so they sugested something that would ruin it. Anyway, Pantene works great for me.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Dec 17, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetThang89
    Fructus SUCKS! i HATE fructus becaues it turned my amazing silky hair into an oily, greasy thinning mess. i only used it because my frends recommeded it, i gues theyw ere jealous of my hair so they sugested something that would ruin it. anyways, Pantene works great for me.
    Oh no it happened to you too? I used to use fructis and my hair kind of thinned out. :confused:
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2007, 12:35 PM
    I am glad I never used it much then!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search