Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdmgmm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2005, 11:01 AM
    BAYSTAT240 to Honeywell TH8320 Conversion
    I am trying to switch my BAYSTAT240 thermostat to a Honeywell vision pro 8000 (TH8320U1008).

My old settings were:

O: Orange
    G: Green
    Y: Yellow
    X2: Connected to white along with W
    B: Blue
    W: (jumpered to U): White
    R: Red
    T: Black
    F: Vacant

The way I have it hooked up with the TH8320U is:

Orange - O/B
    Green to G
    Yellow - Y
    White - Aux
    Blue - C
    Red - R (jumper installed to RC)
    Black to E
    Brown - Vacant

The fan works but I cannot get the heater or a/c to come on. Any suggestions?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2005, 12:06 PM
    Did the instructions say to connect the white to Aux? If not, do they say what terminal the thermostat activates for heat or first stage heat? Go to the heater and see what the white wire is connected to. If it is W, not much help. If it matches any of the labels on the new thermostat, try connecting the white wire to it.

A heat pump needs both a signal to set the reversing valves to heat and a signal to start up. Unusually the white wire provides it. X, O, O/B, and E may be the signal to switch the valves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 TH8320 wiring [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 2-stage heat, one stage cool heat pump. I am trying to wire this thermostat but it is not working. I called a professional and she told me to wire it as follows, but the heat will never kick on no matter how long I wait. Left Side Heat Pump Y2-No wire L-No wire E-No wire...

Conversion from B2 to F1 while still in US [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am in US on B2 Visitor visa - I would like to study here and apply for F1 - is that possible while I am still in US - would I have to go to my home country or Canada for F1 stamping? Will it be an issue or complication when re-entering again? Please advise

XSD to XML conversion [ 1 Answers ]

I have one xsd file I want one blank xml to be generated from that schema. Thanks in advance.

Weathertron BAYSTAT240 [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a Weathertron thermostat BAYSTAT240; 3AAT80B1A1 with a Honeywell CT70A. The wiring identification are different. Is there a schematic anywhere to show the Weathertron wiring to letter code? Booz3

Baystat240 to Hunter 44760 Thermostat Conversion [ 2 Answers ]

Switching over from Weathertron Baystat240 to Hunter 44760. Current wiring on Baystat is: R: Red T: Brown O: Orange G: Green Y: Yellow X2: Vacant B: Blue W: (jumpered to U): White

View more questions Search