Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kash_2007 Posts: 22, Reputation: -2

Dec 7, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Apexi turbo timer
    I brought a apexi auto timer for my my93 impreza wrx import and atempted to install it a few times. I install the timer the correct way it says in the manual i.e. 12v contant - 12v constant, ig1-ig1 and accesorry to accessory. This is wired from the ignition swtch. There are three more wires which are o2 sensor wire from ecu, ground and parking brake which are correctly installed. I solder my connections and heat shrink them all the time. Now the problem I get is after installation I replace the battery terminals and with no key in the ignition the timer lcd display flashes 30 and is stuck on this!? I have removed every wire one by onetill all I have is the ground and 12v constant and it still dose the same thing. I then ran a wire from the positve terminal to 12v constant and still the same? I removed the relay unit and display and bench tested the unit on a variable power supply set at 12v. I connected the ground and parking brake wire to negative and the positive to 12v constant and shorted the 12v constant with one of the other wires ( can't rember which one now) this made the counter count down and I could change the time up or down- up to 2 min. after the counter finished the relay clicked and it switched it self off!

anyone good with car electrics can shed any light on this as its really bugging me and I feel I've just wasted money on a product that dose not work :mad:

kash
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Dec 8, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Its late and I am tired, it seams to work with 12's and grounds everywhere, why is one wire hooked up to the O2 sensor, the O2 sensor is 0 ~ 1 volt, if there is a heater circuit then maybe that is 12 volts, how many wires on the O2 sensor?

Parking brake wire, does it need to be grounded or 12V. With E brake on and timer still running engine and the Park brake light on the dash, wouldn't it have 12v to it to light up the light??

Dec 8, 2007, 10:40 AM
    The apexi auto timer display theoretical air fuel ratio so the instuctions tell you to tap into the 02 wire at the ecu for readings. I don't think the ebake would have 12v from the mechanical working it self as the 12v would be used from some other means and when you apply the handbrake this would compleat the circuit for the light via a ground.

I even removed the alarm from the ignition wires to see if that was cuasing a short but no luck...

Dec 8, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Back again, when you bench tested it, did you hook up the O2 wire and if so, how many volts did you hook it up to?

You are correct on the e brake, depending on which side of the switch you hook it up on means you will have 12v always or 12v when the e brake is on ONLY so it may be possible that you are hooked up on the wrong side of the switch??

Dec 9, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Hi

I didn't hook up the o2 wire when bench testing the unit as this wire wouldn't matter if you didn't hook it up to make the unit work.

Looking at the apexi diagram it tells you to use the wire from the handbrake it self which I did. I'm starting to think I have a duff unit??

Dec 10, 2007, 03:39 AM
    How can you have a duff unit if it worked on the bench, try the other side of the e brake wiring. Try it on the bench one more time and make sure you hook it up to either power or ground on the car, just the same as when it worked on the bench. It may have a loose connection somewhere internal??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

85 300ZX Turbo-Do I need an alternator? [ 2 Answers ]

Last week all my idiot lights came on while driving my 300ZX. They go out when I am at a full stop. I had the charging system checked at a Shuck's(Part's America) store. The instrument they used measured a 12.42 charge, but it stated that the "diode ripple" was not detected. I am still able...

My turbo c is not opening up [ 1 Answers ]

On opening tc.exe from c:\tc\bin\tc.exe I am getting an error message window as follows:- Window Title: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem "c:\tc\bin\tc.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."...

Timer Client/Caf [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings fine folk, 1) First time posting so if I mess up or this is the wrong forum please have mercy :) 2) I work for a medium public library and we are looking for a timer client/café timer for the 12 PCs we have available for library patron use. These 12 PCs are connected to the Internet...

View more questions Search