Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 02:41 PM
    I'd forgotten house of games when I orig. posted or I'd have listed it. I'd guess that every one of Manet's flicks would be included in my top 50.

House of Games is one of those that I watch about once a year.

Too I think Joe Mantegna is a class act. Love that dude.

As an aside, did you ever catch his now defunct TV series Joan of Arcadia? Twas awesome! Mary Steenburgen played his wife and Jason Ritter his son. That's one I'll snap up when it comes out on DVD.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 02:46 PM
    'saw', I have to admit I never saw that ending coming,
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    I'd forgotten house of games when I orig. posted or I'd have listed it. I'd guess that every one of Manet's flicks would be included in my top 50.

House of Games is one of those that I watch about once a year.

Too I think Joe Mantegna is a class act. Love that dude.

As an aside, did you ever catch his now defunct tv series Joan of Arcadia? Twas awesome! Mary Steenburgen played his wife and Jason Ritter his son. That's one I'll snap up when it comes out on DVD.
    I love Joe Mantegna and watch anything that he is in. I have to admit I haven't seen House of Games since I saw it when it was first released in theaters. It is worth giving it another watch and seeing if I have changed my opinion. I am not a big fan of Lindsay Crouse so that might have been why I didn't care for it. I remember JM in that movie and his performance was A-1.

I was very disappointed when Joan of Arcadia was cancelled. Excellent series. Joe Mantegna is on Criminal Minds as a replacement for Mandy Patankin (sp?). I was very impressed with the producers choice to place him into that series. He is more than capable of filling Patankin's shoes. I hope he is able to win over the audience and the series lasts.

Definitely come back and let us know what you think of Frailty and Lone Star. Frailty wound up being a sleeper and I don't think Bill Paxton was given enough credit for creating this movie. That is a movie I can see over and over again. And, as far as Lone Star goes, it is long but definitely worth it. Another one I can watch every couple of years. Chris Cooper has been one of my favorite actors for years and I am so glad he is finally getting the recognition he deserves.
    loonybin48 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2008, 10:57 AM
    How about 'pay it forward'? X
    myreckoningnight Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 12:22 AM
    The Illusionist is a good choice if you liked Prestige.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any suggestions, what can I do? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mother of two. I just recently had a baby girl this summer, and although she is wonderful, it has been hell for me ever since... Where do I start?? Last summer my car was repossessed because I could not afford to keep it and pay my rent and other bills on my fixed income, so my mother...

Any suggestions? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so me and my boyfriend had sex, and I know how guys pre-. And he always seems worried that I might be pregnant. And now that I've looked up the signs of pregnancy the only sign that I have is nausea.. my period was supposed to come Thursday. And it is now Saturday night. And it hasn't come yet....

Suggestions for Spanish language movie? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any good movies that are originally Spanish-language that would be high-school appropriate (PG-13 and under)? Or... Let's try for ANY (good) originally Spanish-language movies

Suggestions anyone [ 1 Answers ]

:rolleyes: okay so 15 years old and I want to go into nursing when I finish high school. But I don't know which one to pick does anybody have some good suggestions and something that will pay somewhat of good money

View more questions Search