Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Dec 7, 2007, 09:42 AM
    One Religion
    Since Earth has been destroyed in my story. The descendents of the survivors that settled on Mars and elsewhere have had a third great awakening. There are no churches, synagogs, or mosques, only places of worship where all three monothesisic religions worship together as one. The polythesistic still worship separately. Old grievances still are remembered from time to time, jewish-islamic differences. All matters are settled by the tri-council, the highly educated religious elders of the followers of the one. (meaning God.) I am just saying that Christians, Muslims, and Jews have united there religions. Worshiping as god as one. This would not feasiable in the real would it, firmbeilever?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Hi Lucas,

From where I stand I do not see a problem, as I believe God is One and I also believe that God of the monoetheistic faiths is the same(for that matter I believe the Creator of all life is ONE,whether we believe in it or not).

I think Jews and Muslims has the belief that God is One,and from what I know the difference lies in the trinity which is a Christian belief.But I think it is possible for all to believe in One God,in fiction.

You might like to read about the end times according to the three monotheistic faiths (and others)while you are researching for your story.As far as I believe,during this time a lot of people from different faiths will come together as one religion with belief in the One God.

End time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Your Religion [ 14 Answers ]

Do you know your religion? I mean, how did it get started by whom and in what year and what does it teach!

Which Religion? [ 12 Answers ]

Religion is brilliant isn't it? All those miracles and that, and I love the singing. My question is simple - which is the best religion at the moment? I know that Kabbalah and Scientology are very current. Any suggestions?

Is this even a religion? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay here is a little background... During my entire childhood, my dad made me go to church. Backwoods Southern Baptist Church! I had drilled into my head everyday that I was going to hell if I didn't do this or if I didn't do that. They preached about the fiery pits of hell and the wonder of...

Religion [ 9 Answers ]

Well, I was not raised in church, My in-laws quilted me into it when I was about 21. I believed every thing I heard for years, I tried to "prove" it. I felt like I had to see evidence of the spirit. I rasied two kids in church until they were old even to make up their own mind. THEN I started...

View more questions Search