Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1andon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 08:44 AM
    How to stop eviction
    Our house was foreclosed on and sold on the 27 of November. We talked to the mortgage company and their attorney and the couldn't tell us how long we had until we had to vacate the premises. 5 days ago a realtor from century 21 came over saying he was with countrywide and asked how long we planned to stay. We told him we were packing our stuff and he said he would call countrywide and tell them we would be out by jan. 1 and also told us about a program called cash for keys. He said he would call us and let us know. 4 days later we got a 5 day eviction notice.:confused:
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Dec 7, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Did the notice come from the court or from Countrywide? If the notice came from the court then the constable will be coming out to perform the eviction in 5 days. However you would have received notices of a court date for an eviction lawsuit at least a few weeks prior to this notice.

More likely this notice is from Countrywide. It is the first step they must take in order to legally evict you. If you haven't left after the 5 day period then they have to file a lawsuit for eviction. That process can take anywhere from 1 week to 2 months, depending on your area. Once they obtain a judgment then they can request that the constable perform the eviction. So if the notice came from Countrywide then you have at least a few more weeks to get out before they can legally evict you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 7, 2007, 09:15 AM
    What Lisa said.

Now if this was your house, you should have been aware of this coming down the pike and you should have started packing long before 11/27.

Did you get the name of the realtor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't stop having sex.And I want to stop. [ 53 Answers ]

:( :( :( :( :( :( I hate myself so much. I feel so guilty... So trashy... Like a whore... I can't stop having sex with my boyfriend. We want to stop... But we arnt making any progress... I feel horrible... AND

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

How can I stop eviction from my home that was foreclosed [ 3 Answers ]

House was sold back to lender under foreclosure and have 30 days to move out. Want to keep house (have lived in it over 25 years):confused. What are my options? :confused:

How to stop eviction after foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stop eviction from foreclsoure

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

View more questions Search