Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2k7in Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 01:25 AM
    Can I become more taller?
    Dear Sir,

I am 25 years old and my height is 5'2".
    My father is also 5'2" in height.
    My mother is 5'4" tall and my younger sister who is only 16 years old is already 5'7" tall.
    I wish to know the reason for me being short and whether I can grow taller than my sister.

I have always seen brothers taller than their sisters. Are there any other instances of brothers shorter than their sisters. Let me know. Because I really feel embarrassed when we go out for family functions.

Thanks n regards,
    Subhajit.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Subhajit,
    It's hard for guys to be short. My first husband was shorter than two of his three sisters. He hated it, other boys used to pick on him in school. But, that's why I liked him so much. He didn't tower over me and physically dominate our relationship. Later, he got into construction and his "little Napoleon" characteristics began to get really bad. He would tell me stories about how guys he worked with talked to and treated their women. He started to be a bully, both with words and pushing me around. I left.

There is a surgery, I think, that can make your legs longer. You simply inherited your Dad's height. It's no crime to be short. There are plenty of jobs that are easier to be good at if you're shorter. Don't worry about your sister being taller than you either. You are still her big brother. I'd bet she loves you just the way you are.
    Simone
    cissy0801 Posts: 129, Reputation: 6

Dec 12, 2007, 10:42 PM
    I agree with simoneaugie. You should be happy with the way you are although it can seem diffucult. Anyway you shouldn't feel embarrassed because no one has the right to tease you about your height.

If you go on e-bay or something, I've heard of high heeled shoes. They are shoes but they make you look taller by having an invisible sort of heel that makes you look taller. I'm not sure but you can have a check on Google or something
    phil_stl Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Dec 15, 2007, 01:54 AM
    I've grown an inch in a month from stretching exercieses and taking multi-vitamins and glutamine.

No lies, my name on growtallforum.com is the same phil_stl and you can see my routine. I'm sure you could get a 2-3 inches from doing some of the routines outlined on the site.

I'm positive you can gain about an inch in height in your spine, but won't get all scientific as to why.
    And you probably could gain even more height through shin bone exercises.

Anyway chat on that forum and search around (google is a great resource) and you will find ways to grow taller... just don't fall for supplements that are expensive and you don't know what you're getting... they are just overpriced multi-vitamins.

By the way I don't recommend the surgery, it's dangerous and extremely expensive (around $20 000) and will only get you 1-3 inches... which you could get from the exercices you'll find online.
    Santi Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 21, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Having dominant and recessive "short" genes spread throughout your family is the reason why you are short and your sister is tall.

Meditate on the concept that you are not your body.

Yoga and other forms of stretching, if done consistently as a lifestyle practice can over time increase one's height.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I grow taller? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 13 years old. My mom is 4 11" and my dad is 5 9". Im only 4 10 and a half. I know. Pathetic. And the worst part is, I really don't think I'm growing anymore. I already got 2 growth spirts and my last one was either last year or in 5th grade. I really don't think I'm going to grow...

I want to get taller [ 10 Answers ]

I really want to get taller! I'm 5 feet tall, 16 years old... I've been doing a lot of research on pills mainly bcause I really don't like shots... I talked to my pediatrician and said that considering the date I got my first period it is very hard that I might grow up a couple more inches and...

Any ideas or exercises to grow taller [ 34 Answers ]

I'm 5.3 I want to be at least 5.6 or 5.5 does anyone know any special exercises or foods used to reach that to grow tall. Please help thanks any advice would be useful also just a quick question about growing does alcohol make your growing stop.

Is he going to get any taller? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. This may be a strange question, but Im curious. You may not even be able to answer it. So here it goes... Me and my boyfriend are both 15. Im 5'6 1/2 And he is 6'4" He is almost a foot taller then me. Do you think he will get any taller? Its not a growth spurt or anything.

View more questions Search