Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debra O Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Dell Laptop Latitude (Primary Hard Drive 0 Not Found)
    Hello! I am new at this Ask Me Help Desk! My friend Suzy said I should try this. OK I got this comp. from a friend of mine & it was working fine for about 6MO. Then I turned it on one day and this came up. (Primary hard disk drive 0 not found No bootable device(s) selected strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility? I think it is running on Win 98. Is this a easy fix. I do know a little about comp. Please help Thanks Debra Orner
    HAREENDRAN Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2007, 10:27 PM
    HDD of your computer not detected.As a result system won't boot!

At first,run setup utility by hitting the F2 key and note the boot priority settings.Check whether the HDD is indicated in boot devices list.If not, after making necessary changes,save and exit setup.Now restart computer and check the result.

If the fault is due to HDD itself,contact a hardware technician to rectify the fault.Lap top is a sophisticated device and self repairing may kill it.

In case you want to know more (about HDD trouble shooting,replacing... in laptops),feel free to contact me .
    Unregistered Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 1, 2008, 11:02 AM
    I have the same problem, what is the cure? Need help to regain the hard drive

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell latitude won't go wifi [ 2 Answers ]

The connection to my house was terminated. Another laptop is getting a wifi connection. Why can't my dell latitude get wifi.

Dell latitude d620 [ 3 Answers ]

Is it normal that the lcd of the dell latitude d620 is that dimm

Dell Latitude C600 won't turn on! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Dell Latitude C600 laptop. I was on it the other day for a few hours and then shut it down. A few minutes later I went to go back on and the Dell screen appeared but it wouldn't go any further. I shut it down and tried turning it back on a few times and it still wouldn't go any further. I...

Reformat a Dell Win XP HE Hard Drive? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with a freind's computer, been trying to get it going for well over 2 weeks, but EVERYTHING I have tried seems not to work. :( The computer is a 18 Month old Dell Desktop with Windows XP home Edition installed. It was running frustratingly slow, and Would...

Sec hard disk drive 0 not found [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, I have got two os, xp and recently I installed xp pro (on same partiton) but now I get error secondary hard disk drive 0 not found and my computer do not show show any cd rom installed.. please help Thanks

View more questions Search