Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karma Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Dec 6, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Depro-provera Birth control shot
    I just got the shot of birth control called depro-provera. I have been consistently taking pills before this, but my period shouldn't start for another week. How long should I wait before having sex? I was thinking maybe I should take the last of my pills too, but I am worried about the drug interaction. Has anyone else been on it or know someone who has? How quick does it begin to work? Thanks!
    maria06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Your doc should have told you this really.

As far as I am aware the depo works quite quickly. I wouldn't take the pill too but I would use condoms for the first few weeks to be extra safe.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 7, 2007, 07:26 AM
    It is not necessary to take the pill once you get the shot as it may make you sick to your stomach.

However, it is advised that a second form of birth control (condoms) be used during the first month on depo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deprovera shot (Birth Control) [ 4 Answers ]

I was wandering if it was normal for deprovera to act up. I have not had a period since I took my first depo shot and I didn't know if that was normal! I haven't had any of the symptoms like gaining weight, but I am worried I was supposed to have already had my period?

Birth control shot [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal to have dizziness and larger blood clots while using the depo shot?

Birth control shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take for the birth control shot to start working?

Birth control shot [ 4 Answers ]

I got the birth control depo shot 6 months ago and I haven't had another one can I get pregnant yet?

Birth control depro provera [ 2 Answers ]

I Took The Shot 3 Months Ago And Will Never Take It Again Because Of The Horrible Side Effects. My Question Is. I Have Been On My Period At Least 2 1/2 Months While On This Shot, It Is Not Heavy. Most Of The Time I Can Get Away With Wearing A Panty Liner. I Want To Know When Is It Going To Stop. It...

View more questions Search