Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2boys4me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Abandoning your children
    My husband left to work in California. We live in the state of Washington. He decided without discussing it with his 2 sons or I that he was going to just stay in California. Is there any course of action that I can take as far as the children are concerned. I have let them go visit him but it makes me very nervous. He has said he wants 50/50 custody, but I don't know how this is possible when he lives 2 states away? We have been married for 14 years. I am going to ask for child support and alimony so that I can keep the home I am raising my children in. Does anyone know of any websites I can get answers from, so that this issue does not cost me a fortune. Thank You
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 06:31 PM
    When parents live in different states the Judge will sometimes split the custody 50/50 or 60/40 (or how ever the Judge wants to do it) up something like non custodial parent gets children during summer vacation and major holidays. Custodial parent gets children during school months

child custody support in Washington - Google Search
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Yes, you get an attorney and file for custody, he hires an attorney and files for the custody agreement he wants, you go to medication and try to work issues out. Or the judge finally rules in the case. He could very possibliy get equal custody and/or extended visititations.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    yes, you get an attorney and file for custody, he hires an attorney and files for the custody agreement he wants, you go to medication and try to work issues out. or the judge finally rules in the case. he could very possibliy get equal custody and/or extended visititations.
    Lol did you mean mediation? Lol

But hey, meds may work too lol
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 7, 2007, 07:31 AM
    You need to consult an divorce attorney IMMEDIATELY to protect your rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I ever have children [ 1 Answers ]

Me and fiancé brandon are getting married in November we have been trying to conceive a child but I still can't figure out why I am not getting pregnant? Could I be pregnant now?

Children [ 4 Answers ]

This may sound strange, but I am currently living in a long term shelter with my two beautifull boys. I have always wanted to be in the army and have recently started to sighn up, under the impression that my sisters would help me with my kids. Now for whatever reason they can't, my mom is too sick...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search