Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    155524 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Change ignitor on Dacor stove top
    I have purchased a replacement ignitor for Dacor stove top gas oven, but I am unable to remove the old one. It appears that it should lift right out, but it appears to be something holding it inside. I do not see a way to access inside the stove top.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Marvin
    RomanMA Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 11:24 PM
    Good Day.
    If you haven't already tried downloading the maintenance and the operating manual from Dacor directly - do so. It's free and instant gratification. Dacor. The life of the kitchen. It's not perfect but it's a good start.

I had to do this when ours wouldn't light. It turned out to be the interlock to the fancy raised ventilation system which I have come to hate. The thin exhaust fan plenum raises up at the touch of a button (or at least it should) and sucks the cooking fumes down through the counter and through the floor and outside. You might have the same system installed.

In my case I had to remove the fan speed controller computer and igniter interlock and leave the raised vent locked in the raised position. I installed a manual switch to turn the fan on, now at high only. I bypassed the fancy control module which incorporated the igniter interlock.

It works now, but only at high fan speed, and I have to manually turn on the fan, whereas before after I raised the vent and as soon as I lit the ignitor the fan came on automatically.

I would have replaced this circuit board which has a burned out diode or two, but that part is not available separately according to our Canadian parts supplier. The entire raised vent assembly would have been $1200 to replace plus another $600 for the blower motor which I was told I'd have to buy if I wanted a warranty. Since I was installing it myself (I'm not an authorized appliance guy) - NO WARRANTY! So with taxes $2,000 and no warranty. A non-starter for me.

I don't know if this helps at all - but it's all I got!
    Good luck,
    Roman
    frozenwafflemom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Have a Caloric heritage series stove no manual can't find model number, there is one screw per burner and can't get 2 of them out. They seem fused. Smoke was coming out from under knob and constant clicking noise. Now can't use stove or oven when it's unplugged. Can't stop clicking noise

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

England Stove Works pellet stove blower speed [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I have an England Stove Works 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 pellet stove. We've had it for almost four years with no problems. I clean it out and grease the augers every fall before running it for the winter season. It has recently started having a problem with the blower speed. We start it...

Ignitor will not ignite [ 7 Answers ]

I have a intertherm honeywell furnace about 6 years old and the ignitor will not ignite so furnace will not turn on... I put in a new ignitor in but still will not ignite... Is anybody out there familiar with this problem and can direct me in the right direction... Thank you very much... Paul

No Ignitor Glow [ 8 Answers ]

Not sure the brand.. When I have the thermostat call for heat the vent blower and the blower both come on and there is no glow.. I have tested and bypassed the limit switches and that doesn't fix the problem. Now the diagnoses light flashes 4 times which is supposed to mean that there is an open...

England Stove Works pellet stove [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone had a problem with their blower fan making a "whaling" sound? If so, what did you do? Model #25-PDVC/55-SHP10 Also, did you ever have a build up of unburned pellets? I have heard that this could be the result of type of pellets used. Hardwood vs. hardwood blend

Possible ignitor problem [ 2 Answers ]

My York Gas Heater Won't Fire Up!! After Accessing Panel To Gas Components I Heard Rapid Ticking... ignitors I Suspect. But No Flame! Do I Have A Ignitor Problem? Txs In Advance, Matt

View more questions Search