Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nemo1600 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Stretch marks and acne scars
    Does vitamin e really help remove stretch marks and acne scars and redness? I have heard good things about it, I have also heard that it makes you breakout because it is oily. I have vitamin e oil and have been putting it on my scars and stretch marks for a little while now and I just want to know if it works well or if there is something better. If it is the best method how often do I use it?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 6, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Keep in mind that stretch marks are permanent. There are no over-the-counter treatments that will prevent or remove stretch marks because the damage occurs below the skin's surface where creams or ointments can't penetrate the skin .The only effective way to remove marks is with laser surgery. Emollients such as cocoa butter, lanolin, Vitamin E or Bio Oil may help soften the appearance of stretch marks, but will not get rid of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Stretch Marks [ 5 Answers ]

This might be a long shot, but is there any procedure I can get that will take away the stretch marks I have from pregnancy? If not, is there any good cream or anything like that I can get to lighten them? I want something that really works. :) Thank you.

Stretch marks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a big problem of stretch marks on my breasts, I tried lots of techniques, but the stretch marks are still visible. I lately heards about the stem cells therapy, could you please tell me where can we get such treatements? Any available info? Thanks.

Stretch Marks [ 8 Answers ]

I am so young and I'm already starting to get stretch marks. I tried coco butter and everything and nothings working. What should I do?

Stretch marks [ 7 Answers ]

I have stretch mark on my hips,arms,shoulders,belly,and behind my knees. I was wondering if and one used something to clear them out that has worked before?

View more questions Search